Tomassciism, fully named Religious Scientocratic Environmental General Globalist Leftism (RSEGGL) is an ideology depicting Tomassci's dream political climate.
RSEGGLian economy is socialist, with three distinct parts from three (or two) distinct ideologies. First, there is state owning all the public utility services and important stuff (Limited State socialism owning for example water, electricity, some food production, maybe even internet), then there is a regulated socialist market economy, and lastly there is a system of taxes inspired from Socdem.png social democracy.
Tomassciism can go one step further though. I'm talking of a state where market socialism still proves to be not enough. Then a move towards democratic socialism can happen. If that proves to be ineffective, we could go back to market socialism. This all will however happen after the whole world is Tomassciist.
RSEGGL is a culturally progressive ideology, valuing liberty and multiculturalism (including Indigenous and Roma), along with also valuing neurodiversity, LGBT+ and some furries. However, he does not wish to interfere with traditions that do not interfere with his inclusivity agenda. That may make him a Progressive-Conservative to some people, which Tomassci does not entirely identify with but also does not reject.
In addition, Tomassciism is also softly transhumanist, with the disabled being prioritized. That's done to increase lifespan and overall happiness. Tomassciism also wants to regulate the scientific process, due to its belief that to most research there's a more ethical way and noting the number of controversial (mainly psychological and neurological) experiments both in past and present.
Regarding religion, Tomassciism doesn't support theocracies of any shape or size, its government is mostly Laicism, with public worship permitted, as long as it doesn't turn into proselytization. Tomassciism defends children's right to choose a religion or not believe in any. What makes this ideology religious is also usage of religion to push the people towards both the cultural moderate left and economic left.
Another aspect of Tomassciism is the communitarian approach to society, which is done by placing governments close to the people, "breaking up" large cities and community festivals, similiarly to Urbism (but without the localist characteristics). This is to promote tolerance and well-being among communities
RSEGGL also values the environment, and therefore it's important to impose laws protecting the environment. For example, caps on CO2 (and other important pollutants and greenhouse gasses) emissions, limiting wood mining in vulnerable regions, and investing into new ecological technologies to increase carbon dioxide reuptake. Along with protections on critical species. Tomassciism is also for alternative sources as wind, water and for the time being, pro-nuclear energy, believing that nowadays it's mostly fail-proof and is the best alternative to coal and oil.
RSEGGL is a scientocratic globalist ideology, meaning that it has either a world federation, or a federation of pan-nations with the central democratic government made of scientific experts, plus some small-power local governments. People in an area will get a chance to have their own language, as long as they make sure their area will have the power to communicate to others. Tomassciism is also anti-authoritarian, preferring anarchy over totality. Also, the government should be as transparent as possible.
Regarding direct democracy, Tomassciism doesn't favor it. He prefers representative democracy, however referenda will be accepted and welcomed. He also supports the creation of a File:Consti,png unitary constitution with some unitary laws (such as drug decriminalisation) and a system of federations to allow for some overrides (eg. drug legalization)
Tomassciism is supposed to be a revolutionary ideology, and the whole set of beliefs can be achieved after a Global Leftist Revolution for Human Rights (which will involve lots of syndicalising). Therefore, also in order to minimize deaths, it's important to unite everyone. Noting that religion had big impact on history in the past, RSEGGL sees that if we transform religion as known today into a leftist version of one, we might be at better odds in succeeding. Before the movement has enough members to have a chance worldwide, it will encompass its values on a national level. That includes all of the above beliefs, with alter-globalist mode of cooperation and pacifist diplomacy-prioritizing defense.
An alternative way to reach such a system is by using dual power.
Tomassciism also prescribes allying with people of other ideologies, as long as you share a common goal and don't have many major disagreements (for example, a Tomassciist would ally with mutualists for getting into market socialism, but won't ally in the issue of the state).
Opinions on current hot topics
Freedom of speech
Although Tomassci is a progressive and hates hate speech, he understands that governmental control of speech can backfire really fast, and that it's important to set some limits on governmental control. Tomassci's definition of hate speech is:
Repeated offenses of speech containing an attack on identity, that is of certain severity and impact, said with the intent of harming the other side's mentality or promoting violence on said identity.
Such speech will be punished at most with fines (in a currency-utilising economy) or compulsory labour (in currency-less economies).
As above, Tomassciism welcomes religion. He views most of the religious (far-)right as a result of the "Faith-Power-Capital" triangle that results in corruption of all three elements. The appropriate action is to break it apart by secularizing the law, democratizing religion and modifying governmental pay. Despite this, Tomassciism uses religion to bring on socialism, but in a way that serves the masses instead of the elites.
American democracy, according to Tomassci, is a fairly undemocratic entity. First of all, its two-party system is rare elsewhere, even among "third-world" democracies. Tomassci recognizes that it might not be easy to quit due to the competitionism between the two parties, but adding more parties would make for a fairer choice. The idea of a presidential country isn't good either, but the way American democracy works just makes it worse. That all gets even worse when we factor in effects such as gerrymandering.
First Past The Post
Tomassci also dislikes the First Past The Post voting system, preferring alternatives that allow for more freedom in choice. His preferred alternative is Score voting. But he's willing to ally with favorers of other alternative voting systems, because he thinks it's time democracy itself gets a reform.
Fellows in revolution(?)
- Rutabagism: Almost me. Well, except religious views.
- Tomjazzism: Fellow Tom, quite based views!
- Evolutionary Socialism: I very much agree with your ideas, which you seem to have evidence for, which I also admire.
- Yoda8soup Thought: Fellow based LibSoc.
Mixed feelings (mostly positive though)
- Social Democracy: One of my economical gurus.
- Market Socialism: The other great economical guru.
- Scientocracy: Knows how to do stuff right.
- Religious Socialism: Finally someone religious understanding that capitalism is bad
- Religious Anarchism: You've got the religion, but you didn't let me to push you left.
- Socialism with a Human Face: I adore your reforms, it's a shame you didn't last.
- Syndicalism: You'll help with the transformation!
- Gravelism: I like your mission of going against Pragerism, but I am still skeptical of the 100% correctness of your claims.
- Pagan Leftism: Also a big ally!
- Panhumanism: That's the general idea!
- Progressive Christianity: You're the voice Christianity needs!
- Progressive Islam: This is the kind of Islam I want!
- Aeirinism: Anarchist, but we can agree on stuff.
- Airisuism: Cool, except you're an anarchist. I think you could find some common ground with Anarcho-Tomassciism
- Anarcho-CryptoCapitalism: Progressive, globalist and revolutionary, yet is a capitalist and an anarchist.
- Aquerism: Yeah, you're an anarchist and much more left than me, but everything else I agree with.
- Bingoism: You're good, excpet you force people to be Christian. And are an authoritarian.
- Bsaheedism: You remind me of AnarchoTomassciism-icon.png]] someone...
- Caressism: Another progressive religious ideology, except it is free capitalist market.
- Celfloskism: Economically righter than me, culturally also righter. But still not bad enough.
- Daveism: Guild socialism is cool, pan-nationalism acceptable, but don't be so authoritarian and give space to other religions please. And get progressive.
- Edwinism: Yeah, just calm down with the authoritarianism, ok? Still the best ML I know
- Funkism: We both have a lot of agreements, but also some disagreements.
- Individual Voluntaryism: I don't really like this whole libright thing but at least you aren't an AnCap.
- Kira Kween Thought: You're anarcho-communist and existential, yet progressive enviroinmentalist. And our ideologies allow us to ally with each other.
- Novoscarletism: Not the greatest, but alliable.
- Moonlitism: Another religious progressive! Your economics are a little rightist for me though.
- Mebroukism: I love how many RelProgs we're getting. However, you could go a little more economically left...
- Mattism You're preety cool, I am just critical of the NATO stuff (I'd call myself less pro-West and more pro-all people)
- Organs Anarchism: Fellow pagan, yet anarchist. I like the ecology and mildly the markets though!
- Owfism: You're not too far away from me after all.
- Pantheonism: Dislike that you're a mildly-nationalist monarchist that's culturally variable. But otherwise you're cool.
- Ultraleft Monteirism: We both can work together in the revolution, you're just... a lot more radical for me.
- Uzarashvilism: You want the same as I do, maybe more moderate but still!
- Ozymandiasism: ...I like the world federation, but have you thought of unity in diversity?
- NeoSajism: Technocratic center-left, while not enough for me, is very, very cool!
Ideologies between cringe and neutral
- Ethnic Welfarism : You have the right vision; horrible execution.
- SJW: I like your progressivism, but this kind of slacktivist thing you've got going on will not help anybody in liberation.
Ideologies I hate
- Zionism: The fact that you have a state is not the issue, the fact that you see it as only yours and oppress nonjewish people is.
- Black Supremacism: Esoteric fascism for blacks. Relies upon conspiracy theories to gain support. Messed up.
- (Mainly American) Conservatism: Can you stop abusing religion for your gain?
- Stalinism: You're the reason so many people hate socialism. Shame on you.
- Clerical Fascism: Same as with Conservativism, except way worse because fascism.
- Hoppeanism: You're the living embodiment of all I want to destroy.
- Afunhumaninterism: You're worse than Systemism. Also a capitalist anarchist.
- Casagonism: Initially I thought this was the same as Xivanism. It isn't, but it doesn't matter, you're going in the same column for the same exact reasons.
- Czech Idealism: Listen here you littl- *cocks laser gun*
- Quarkism: Look, I love science as much as the next guy, but restricting everything else because of it? Instead of using the things to inspire science?
- Systemism: Disagree, even though not that much as with the ideologies above.
- Vermaatism: Transhumanist fascism? No, thank you!
- : What's up with the exotic-sounding names of the fascists? They make me confuse all of y'all. Anyways; You're propably one of the more moderate fascists out there, but still retaining many fascist tendencies. And if you read from top to bottom, then you might've noticed that I hate fascists.
Bonus: The "all over the place" people
Ronwelltarianism: On one side, a conspiracy theorist and someone who prefers Trump over centre-right politicians and would literally force a child to have a birth; At the time I'm writing this there was :
"He believes that young girls who are raped by pedos should have their babies by carrying their pregnancy to term, give birth to their babies & keep their babies federally [...]"
On the other side a fairly progressive person who recognizes the tyranny of the 2-party system. Overall, 3.5/10, could be better.
|Tomassciists - Going leftward together, again.|
|"Real" Self-inserts||Pre-Tomassciism • Tomassciism • Tomassciian Worldview • Post-Market Tomassciism|
|On-Compass variations||Anarcho-Tomassciism • Contra-Tomassciism • Esoteric Tomassciism • Kemetic Tomassciism • Monarcho-Tomassciism • Posadist Tomassciism • Reactionary Tomassciism • Tankie Tomassciism|
|Off-Compass variants||Ego-Tomassciism• English Tomassciism • Off-Compass Tomassciism • Voidmassciism|
|Ideology Mashups||Ethnic Tomassciism • Monteirism-Tomassciism|
Note: Put your ideology rating requests in Talk:Tomassciism please. Thank you!
- Vsauce: The Future of Reasoning, mainly influenced the localism