Throne and Altar also known as Proto-Traditionalist Conservatism, was the dominant ideology in Europe from c1450 (though it didn't fully attain power until after the European Wars of Religion came to an end) to c1792, it believes in a strong monarchy and a strong state church mutually supporting each other.
Characteristics include, A politically influential (though not politically autonomous) nobility with "feudal privileges", strong class stratification which could roughly be divided into the classes or "estates" of Clergy, Nobility, and Commoners, tolerance for only a state controlled church (primarily though an agreement if said church is Catholic), and a absolute monarch whose power is somewhat limited by custom and religious morals.
This system differs from Reactionarism as it represents Europe as it was before the French Revolution, while Reactionarism attempts to restore it (though in practice Reactionarism does not advocate for a complete/'true" restoration from Throne and Altar's perspective).
Joseph de Maistre Thought
Joseph de Maistre Thought is the Political Views of Joseph de Maistre wip
He is somewhat less religious compared to his medieval parents but is very religious when compared to modern ideologies.
His lifestyle and personality somewhat resembles Louis XIV of France.
- Absolute Monarchism - It is legal because I wish it. (what do you mean the Nobility disagrees)?!
- Mercantilism - My primary economic system!
- Cameralism - My primary economic system in Central Europe!
- Counter-Enlightenment - Basically me!
- Orthodox Caesaropapism - My ideal Church-State Relationship
- Jacobitism - My British child/counterpart!
- Tsarism -My Russian child/counterpart!
- 1700ism - True Restorationism.
- Reactionarism - Vienna didn't restore Europe to the state it was before the revolution.
- Feudalism - While I do keep some elements of you around, I don't want the nobility to be that powerful!
- Catholic Theocracy - Nor the clergy!
- Classical Liberalism and Jacobinism - You took everything thing from me!
- Bonapartism - You destroyed Europe!!!!
For More Information
- New Monarchs
- Early modern Europe
- Early modern France
- Stately quadrille
- Cabinet Wars
- International relations, 1648-1814
- Ancien Régime
- Peace of Westphalia