This article is about land power. For its sea equivalent, see Thalassocracy.
Tellurocracy is an ideology, which is more of a policy. It focuses on land development and inland expansion, as opposed to Thalassocracy, which focuses on dominating power around a body of water.
In theory, Tellurocracy is classified as following; a sedentary lifestyle (while resettlement colonization is not excluded), conservatism, constancy of legal norms, the presence of a powerful bureaucratic apparatus and central authority, strong infantry, but a weak navy.
Many ancient empires are known to be more tellurocratic than their rivals, such as Roman Republic as opposed to its rival in Carthage, while later Roman and Byzantine empires acquired some thalassocratic characteristics, though they are roughly tellurocracies, while its rivals, the Parthian and Sassanid empires, were almost purely tellurocratic.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill in with white.
- Draw the third top in yellow.
- Draw the third bottom in green.
- Draw green zigzags on the third bottom.
- Draw in the eyes.
|Yellow||#FCC82F||252, 200, 47|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Green||#009900||0, 153, 0|
- Imperialism - It's expansion o'clock!
- Pan-Nationalism and Irredentism - Based clay-grabbers.
- Agrarianism - Fellow land enjoyer.
- Stratocracy - Gotta need that army
- Fourth Theory - A big, Eurasian empire, you say? Epic.
- Jacksonian Democracy - Manifest that destiny, baby!
- Genghisism - The Mongols were very cool.
- Neo-Ottomanism and Zoroastrian Theocracy - We all hate him
- French Empire and German Empire - Both were great empires, even though you hate each others
- Russian Empire and Soviet Union - Same as above
- Esoteric Fascism - Embrace land power and the way of the warrior!
A bit too insane for me tho
- National Socialism - Like the above but Carl Schmitt, Karl Haushofer and others were quite epic
- Caesarism & Roman Republicanism - You were mostly landish but you also had a strong navy later on...
- Industrialism - Maybe?
- Thalassocracy - Really? You want to expand around WATER? Not cool, man.
7.8/10 - too much water
- Hydrarchy - Damn pirates...
- Indigenism - Don't mind me, I'm just manifesting my destiny. *Loads musket*