Taboritskyism is an ideology originating from a Hearts of Iron IV mod, The New Order: Last Days of Europe. The ideology is a theocratic, monarchist, and Russian variant of the Burgundian System, originating from the Komi Republic. He believes that Tsarevich Alexei Romanov is still alive and in hiding. As a Monarchist, he hopes to bring Alexei back. He believes the only way to trigger Alexei's return is to "purify" Russia of all "impure" elements - killing political opponents, ethnic minorities, the disabled, and people insufficiently loyal to him. He intends to implement Burgundian principles in Russia, seeing it as the only way to purify the country.
- "Sergey Taboritsky paused and shivered as a frigid draft swept over him, its bite sending chills through his old bones."
Taboritsky himself starts off as an insignificant politician in the state of Komi, a territory in the Balkanized mess that is TNO’s Russia. When the AI is playing Komi, Taboritsky has almost no chance of winning the game, as he is often banished or executed by the centrists, communists, or even his fellow rightists. Instead, he relies on player interference to gain power.
- "In the middle of it all, Taboritsky's smile spread across his face. He had always known that he was in the right. He knew he would win, no matter what the others thought. Once again, he was correct. Now, the rest of the Right would see what Sergey Taboritsky really was."
If Taboritsky wins the elections necessary to place him in charge, the entire building he’s in will go berserk, as there is supposed to be no way for him to win. Initially, he is a Clerical Fascist (National Socialist), but as time passes, he’ll reveal his true colors with the Imperial Cult (Burgundian System). The rest of the game plays out as more distasteful events happen (including a disabled child getting unpersoned, the commission of a new kind of gas, and a few other events) and the Holy Russian economy and research base implode under Taboritsky’s insanity.
- "Everything is about cost, about budgeting, about affordability. And the economics! One has had quite enough of those self-proclaimed 'experts' telling one what to do. We are Russia! We don't need Swiss watches or American cars to sustain ourselves!"
His ideology can never succeed in-game, as it completely destroys Russian society, and Taboritsky dies from the shock upon realizing that he was deluding himself, as Alexei was truly never coming back. In the old version of TNO, neo-warlord anarchy in Russia followed, with much of the population gone and madmen armed with chemical weapons destroying whatever remained. Eventually, this turns into demilitarized anarchy (Radio Silence).
- "There were no partisans in the forest, but that didn't matter. All the Colonel cared about was the possibility that partisans might decide to hide in the forest in the future. The guns fired, the shells fell, and a putrid yellow cloud began to envelop the ancient trees. The next morning, the rising sun revealed an apocalypse in miniature. Dead trees and poisoned soil, a pond filled with lifeless fish floating on the surface. Scattered corpses, both animal and human, twisting in their final agonizing moments. The people of Tara quickly learned to avoid the woods. The toxic corpse of the forest lingered long after the men who killed it had moved on. Humanity has not earned paradise."
In newer versions (after the "After Midnight" update, to be exact), however, Russia collapses almost immediately after Taboritsky dies. His successor, Viktor Larionov, fails to hold the wacky constructs keeping the HRE together in the first place together, and a second period of far worse Balkanization commences. These states are even worse than their predecessors and it is stated that overall, Russia has no hope of reunifying ever again, as evidenced by the fact that none of the post-Taboritsky warlord states are playable without the use of cheats.
- "What was once changeable is now set in stone. Of what was once glimmering with possibilites, none remain. We can only move on, and let fate dictate the rest."
After the collapse of the Holy Russian Empire, many splinter states still follow the ideology of the Imperial Cult. The Holy Russian Empire itself fragments into a small territory around Vyatka and remains more or less the same ideologically. However, the new leader, Viktor Larionov, despite suffering from what is implied to be dementia, is far more pragmatic than Taboritsky and is less fanatically devoted to the whole "Alexei is still alive" schtick.
The Ural Purification Zone is an HRE loyalist splinter state based in Southeastern Russia near the steppe, led by Shturmoviki general Yuri Evtukovich. It follows a particularly hardline variant of the Imperial Cult that, as a result of the state being directly ruled by a Shturmoviki regiment, emphasizes purifying the land from any peoples of the steppe, particularly those in the Idel-Ural Free State. Weirdly, the UPZ is actually quite simple; no higher industry or logistics exist, as the territory is already very tiny, and its leadership is so fanatic that every single one of their capabilities is spent on killing as many "undesirables" and "subhumans" as possible, to the point where Evtukovich's soldiers are malnourished from constant marching and scarce food supplies.
Finally, there's the Regency of Holy Russia in the Far East of Siberia, led by Andrey Dikiy. Unlike the shambling remnants of the HRE and the suicidal devotion of the UPZ, the RHR is centered around Dikiy's desire for an Eternal Regency centered around himself. Dikiy knows full well that Alexei is not alive and merely uses his name as an excuse to hold onto as much power as possible. As such, the RHR's variant of the Imperial Cult is essentially the same old system centered around an entirely different man, but with the machination, ruthlessness and pragmatism to keep on going...forever.
Taboritskyism believes that Tsarevich Alexei is still alive and uses the Burgundian System to properly cleanse Russia from all unholy influences. This ranges from Bolsheviks, Jews, Minorities, people who accidentally drop their tools, and so on. It views Russians as the mightiest race and desires to exterminate all the "sub-humans" who reside in Russia, only then Alexei will return. The poor are seen as degenerate beasts, who are like this because of "Impiety" or "Jewish subversion". Fitting for most leaders of extreme reactionary ideals, however, Taboritsky himself doesn't follow his vision of purity, being of Jewish descent as well which causes him endless mental anguish and likely the need for his ideology to over-exert the extermination campaigns.
Speaking of his hatred of the poor, Taboritskyism wants to keep working conditions as low as possible, only providing the bare minimum, as anything more would just be Communism. His Spartanist ideals come with standards set so high, that even accidentally dropping your tools when working is considered a crime that deserves a forced disappearance. Taboriksky will at one point have the option to make the Russian economy entirely black market run, he justifies this by stating that he believes that Jews control the international market.
Taboritskyism is very autocratic, preferring to micromanage the subordinates when things don't go his way.
Taboritskyism is extremely secluded and rather mysterious around others. He dislikes communists and minorities and would do anything to remove them (or their traits) from his country. He generally likes tsarism/monarchism and would do anything to restore the throne (by purifying Russia).
- "Remain Calm. The Regent Endures. Alexei Lives. There Is Much To Be Done."
How to Draw
- Draw a circle
- Color it yellow
- Draw the symbol of the Pamyat Society
- Draw the Russian double-eagle, with the staff replaced by a sword
- Replace the shield with a black circle with a brown outline
- Draw an unfinished swastika
- Draw a yellow circle with a brown outline in the center of the swastika
- Draw the face of Jesus in the middle
- Draw one normal eye
- Draw a clock at 11 o'clock or 12 o'clock on the other eye
- You are finished, and so will Russia... maybe forever
- Tsarism - Alexei! Where are you!?
- Monarcho-Fascism - Your throne stands, gilded and draped in purple cloth.
- Burgundian System - Using your blessed system, Russia shall be purified.
- Orthodox Theocracy - The great faith shall guide us to salvation...
- Positive Christianity - What the Orthodox Chruch should be!
- Imperialism - The Russian Empire shall be restored!
- Autocracy - My subjects need my guiding hand.
- Black-Hundredism - Me but moderate.
- Momentism - The clock must never reach midnight. But what's the status quo?
- Legionarism - The less extreme version of me but Romanian.
- Imperiumism - A monarchist xenophobic ideology working in service to a totally-not-dead emperor? Huh.
- Lolis - I brought you into existence, but I didn't intend to do that!
- Bolsheviks - If only the Germans had wiped out each and every one of you...
- Jews - I AM NOT A JEW, I AM NOT CAIN, I'M ONLY DOING WHAT I MUST.
- The Divine Mandate - HOW DARE YOU SAY I AM THE ANTI-CHRIST... THIS MEANS WAR!
- Sergey Taboritsky
- Pyotr Nikolayevich Shabelsky-Bork
- National organization of Russian youth
- Origin of Tabby's flag
- Sergey Taboritsky (TNO Wiki)
- Sergey Taboritsky (TV Tropes)
- "All arbitrariness ...": the true biography of Sergei Taboritsky
- ATTENTION ON P.N. MILYUKOVA
- Verifying the Clock - Aleksejs Regent in Real Life - Sergey Taboritsky
- Sergey Taboritsky: Something Something H O L Y R U S S I A
- Taboritsky and the Search for the Holy Alexei! by SwinceBall.
|Burgundian System - STRENG GEHEIM|
|TNO Ideology||Burgundian System • Taboritskyism|
|Non-TNO Ideology||Buddhist Burgundian System • Burgundian Heinrich-Cheungism • Cosmological Esoteric Fascism • Esoteric Capitalism • National Communist Burgundianism • Neoliberal Burgundian System • IngBur • Kirchnerist Burgundian System • Team EX Model • Azulin Thought|
|Literal Memes||Burgerdian System • OMG FASCISMBALL|
|The New Order: Last Days of Europe - Welcome to Hell|
|Burgundy: Literal Hell on Earth||Burgundian System|
|Komi: The Circus of Russia||Bukharinism • Bukharinaism • Ordosocialism • Taboritskyism • Ultravisionary Socialism • Eurasianism|
|The Russian Anarchy||Hyperborea •Karbyshevism • Liberal Agorism • Mercenary System • Sablinism • Solidarism|
|Europe||Mordrelism • Speerism • Agrarian Spartanism|