Smerism or Directionism is the ideology of the Slovak political party SMER (or Direction in English). It began as the Social Democratic successors of the Communist Party, but under the leadership of Robert Fico has drifted further left economically, and further right culturally. It can be defined as anti-Immigrant, nationalist and populist. In 2018, the party came under fire after the murder of Ján Kuciak - an investigative journalist who was working on a report about Slovak connections with the Italian organized crime syndicate 'Ndrangheta.
How to Draw
1. Draw a white circle
2. Draw the red and blue arrow from the SMER logo
3. Write 'SMER' next to it.
4. Draw the eyes.
- Dubčekism - The original leader, I've learned a lot from you.
Kleptocracy - Thanks for the cheque, paisano.
- Putinism - Slavonic unity!
- Slavic Nationalism - Slovakia has forgotten you as of late.
- PiSism - Slavic and Visegrád brother.
- Christian Democracy - Slovakia is a Christian nation, and that's why we only accept Christian refugees.
- Social Democracy - Okay I know the right-wing nationalist party I formed a coalition with has said some racist stuff, but they said they're sorry!
- European Federalism - Slovakia's most vital interest is the EU, but please stop trying to make us take in migrants.
- Orbanism - Thankfully, Slovakia has no place for such an extreme nationalist party. Wait, what did you call us?
- Marxism-Leninism - I'm not going to pretend everything was a black hole under Communism, there was some good.
- National Conservatism - You're really determined to make my job difficult, aren't you Slota?
- Mediacracy - Fucking hyenas!