Reaganism is the ideology, policies and principals of 40th president of the United States, Ronald Reagan. It is defined by its economics known as "Reaganomics" (comparable to Neoliberalism), hard-right conservative social policy and fierce opposition to communism and the Soviet Union.
It is often mistaken for Paleoconservatism, however Ronald Reagan was not a paleoconservative.
Ronald Reagan won the presidency in 1980
During his first term Reagan wanted policies that reflected his personal belief such as individual freedom, he also brought economic changes, expanded the military and contributed to the end of the Cold War.
During the Cold War Reagan escalated the tension between the soviet union and the U.S by reverting the policy of détente. He also ordered a massive improvement of the United States Armed Forces and implemented new policies that were directed towards the Soviet Union; he revived the B-1 Lancer program that had been canceled by the Carter administration, and he produced the MX Missile. In response to Soviet deployment of the SS-20, Reagan oversaw NATO's deployment of the Pershing missile in West Germany.
During The Crack Epidemic, Reagan began what he called The "War On Drugs" in which Reagan began campaigns & made aggressive policy’s that Reagan thought would reduce the trade of illegal drugs. He said that "drugs were menacing our society" and promised to fight for drug-free schools and workplaces, expanded drug treatment, stronger law enforcement and drug interdiction efforts, and greater public awareness.
Reagan believes in individual freedom, reaganomics, the War On Drugs, & Anti-Communism.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Color it dark green.
- Draw two lime green vertical lines spanning the ball.
- Add the eyes.
|Dark Green||0, 131, 0||#008300|
|Lime Green||0, 222, 0||#00DE00|
- Thatcherism - My best friend!
- Conservatism - He likes me a little
- Paleoconservatism - This guy really likes me.
- Neoliberal - My adopted kid.
- Gorbachevism- Thank you for tearing down that wall, Gorbechev.
- Neoconservatism - My Favorite brother I inspired a lot of his philosophy.
- Satirism - A fellow lover of jokes.
- Chicagoan Libertarianism - My economic advisor!
- Pinochetism - My favorite dictator
- Right-Distributism - Creating widespread property so anyone can grow up to own a business or corporation is a good value.
- Somozism - Do you want more money to fight the Sandinistas?
- Gerontocracy - "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience"
- Narco-Capitalism - Iiiiit's.... complicated.
- Caudillismo -I'd rather not talk about it.
- Jihadism - I supported you in Afghanistan, but you went rogue after that.
- Marxism–Leninism & Brezhnevism - RED EVIL EMPIRE
- Gaddafism - How does it feel to get your house blown up, huh?
- Lesboxhaism - A horrific blend of communism, atheism, immorality, and despotism. The stuff nightmares are made of!
|Presidents of America|
|Presidents||Washingtonism • Adamsism • Jeffersonian Democracy • Madisonism • Monroe Doctrine • Quincy Adamsism • Jacksonian Democracy • Van Burenism • Harrison Whiggism • Tylerism • Polkism • Taylorism • Fillmorism • Piercism • (James) Buchananism • Lincolnism • Johnsonism • Grantism • Hayesism • Garfieldism • Arthurism • Clevelandism • Harrison Republicanism • Clevelandism • McKinleyism • Bull Moose Progressivism • Taftism • Wilsonism • Hardingism • Coolidgism • Hooverism • Rooseveltianism • Truman Liberalism • Eisenhowerism • Kennedyism • LBJ Progressivism • Nixonism • Ford Conservatism • Carterism • Reaganism • George H. W. Bushism • Clintonism • George W. Bushism • Obamaism • Trumpism • Bidenism|