Not to be confused with Blood Paternalism.
Paternalism is a social and political philosophy emphasizing positivity in the government having a role in nudging people towards the right direction. Paternalist policy is defined as government action which limits an individual's or group's autonomy which is intended for their own good.
Paternalism is very protective and treats everyone like they're it's children, much to the dismay of many of them.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with white.
- Draw 2 elephants in black.
- Add the eyes.
- Welfarism - Sometimes people just need a little help.
- Statism - The perfect tool for keeping my kids out of harm.
- Adultism - Another responsible parent.
- Colonialism - A bit of paternalism is necessary to civilize those barbarians.
- Health and Safety - That's what I'm all about.
- Authoritarian Conservatism - Looks good to me.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - It's in the name.
- Fascism - Everything to keep us safe.
- Authoritarian Progressivism - Keeping the populace safe from bigotry is obviously a must.
- Libertarian Paternalism - You love me but you hate me.
- American Confederatism - You guys used me too help justify slavery, wait uh... bad example.
- Childism - My dear child, I'm just trying to keep you out of harm.
- Fordism - You take it way too far.
- Classical Liberalism - Political power and paternal power are the same!
- Libertarianism - Don't tread!? I'm saving you from treading yourself!
- Avaritionism - That chainsaw is too dangerous, put it down!
- Oofitism - Call me "paturdnalism" again and I may just have to put you in the time out corner!
- Nanny state
- Nudge theory
- IT-backed authoritarianism
- Race to the Top
- Affordable Care Act tax provisions
- Social Credit System
- Vision Zero
- Behavioural Insights Team
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Team