The Oxygen Standard is a monetary policy which directly bases the value of currency to the value of oxygen.
Oxygen is noted as being the most common element on Earth, making up a little under 50% of all matter on the planet.
The Oxygen Standard is off-compass on the economic inflation scale.
- Off-Inflationism - There's A LOT of oxygen to go around.
- Thneedville Model - Perhaps the only environment where my idea could even work correctly.
- Galacticism - There's a lot less oxygen in space, which makes my idea much more practical.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - He likes the idea of selling oxygen for money, but thinks I'm entirely unrealistic.
- Gold Standard, Bimetallism & Silver Standard - Too little money in the economy.
- Astatine Standard - I mean WAY too little money in the economy now.