Moderate Mattism is the moderate version of Mattism, this is what his ideology would most likely look like if he didn't fall down left-wing populist rabbit holes and stayed as a modern liberal. It is moderately progressive, internationalist, patriotic, and economically center.
Moderate Mattism supports a social market economy, believing the government can intervene in the economy to promote equality of outcome, but believes that market solutions are better at achieving such than government solutions. So, the private sector should remain mostly out of government hands. There will be a welfare state and some safety nets along side this. But these services will be moderate and for those who need it the most, so it won't be universal.
Moderate Mattism supports a constitutional semi-direct liberal democracy, the government itself would function like a semi-presidential republic. He is opposed to the government expanding surveillance services into the lives of daily people, believing that these violate people's civil liberties and freedoms.
Moderate Mattism is cultural reformist, believing in the creation of a society that is less restrictive and more inclusive to the socially disadvantaged, while keeping some beneficial traditions. Most of the beliefs are aligned with civil libertarianism, as long as an individuals lifestyle isn't harming others, then an individual should be allowed to do as they please. He also believes we should be protecting the environment as well.
Moderate Mattism supports international co-operation between nations, along with tariffs on international trade were it is necessary, but believes trade should be mostly free between nations as long as they respect things like environment rights and workers rights. However, immigrations should be expected to integrate into society and learn our values, this form of assimilation would follow the intercultural model, and and is in-general patriotic. He believes the United States still has an important role to play in diplomatic affairs, but should involve itself less in military interventions. So, he would be an atlanticist. He supports institutions like the European Union and NATO, along with siding with Israel over Palestine.
- Social Capitalism - The social market economy has been the most successful model, and we should emulate it.
- Social Liberalism - Literally me.
- Third Way - A bit too interventionist, but you're fine.
- Capitalism - You're fine, just need a bit of regulations.
- Civic Nationalism - Nothing wrong with liking your country.
- Welfarism - Everyone should have their needs covered, but should also be encouraged to work as well.
- Reformism - Cultural reformism is better approach to both extremes!
- Zionism - I will support Israel over Palestine because Israel is a functioning democracy that supports western values.
- Progressivism - Basically my social views, be more moderate though, not all drugs should be decriminalized, and Israel is our ally.
- Democratism - The democratic party is the best party, you can't change my mind.
- Moderatism - Take it slow and steady!
- Internationalism - It is America's duty to help the world, not just ourselves.
- Neoliberalism - You'd be ok if you weren't such a free-market fundamentalist.
- Social Democracy - Welfarism is fine, but we should also encourage people to not leach off the government and work, it would benefit businesses.
- Chicagoan Libertarianism - You're alright, but you should focus more on social equality as well.
- Keynesianism - We need more fiscal responsibility, but you make good points.
- Neoconservatism - Third wayers are ok, but traditional neocons are garbage.
- Conservatism - What has modern day conservatism conserved?
- Trumpism - Terrible leader who piggybacks off of garbage populist rhetoric.
- Left-Wing Populism - I cannot stand berniebros.
- Democratic Socialism - There's nothing democratic about you.
- National Conservatism - Nationalism is fine, but conservatism is dumb.
- Paleoconservatsm - Crazy far-right nutjob! Get out of my government.
|Mattists - Resisting authoritarians, commies, and neoliberals|
|Original||American Social Democracy • Existential Mattism|
|Variants||Anarcho-Mattism • Conservative Mattism • Authoritarian Mattism • Proto-Mattism • Anti-Mattism • Libertarian Mattism • National-Mattism • Chauvinist Mattism • Moderate Mattism|