Not to be confused with Anti-Humanism or Misandry.
Misanthropy is the idea of hating the human race or all humans, it can also be portrayed as a semi-dystopian ideology that believes that humans are the downfall of society and all of their actions can be resolved by taking control over the human race.
This ideology is also seen in fantasy where there are races other than humans that desire the eradication of the human race (Vampires, Demons, Automutations etc), they can also be extraterrestrials.
Misanthropy's beliefs can be seen in the sci-fi "alien invasion" serial films of the 40s and 50s wherein there was always a human collaborator who never seemed to mind that his actions, if successful, would bring about the destruction of his home and everyone/thing he knows. The pre-Socratic philosopher Heraclitus was by various accounts a misanthrope and a loner who had little patience for human society. In a fragment, the philosopher complained that "people [were] forever without understanding" of what was, in his view, the nature of reality. Most Misanthropes are stereotypically seen as Nihilists due to the condition being confused for Asociality.
However there are also Misanthropes that are known as Misanthrope Supreme, where they think its absolutely justified to slaughter a few innocent humans now and then. They may even desire the destruction of the entire human race—with themselves likely (but not certainly) excepted if they are humans themselves. This condition is likely to be confused with psychopathy, however there are distinct differences.
Personality and Behaviour
He is highly pessimistic and likes to focus on humanity's flaws.
- Nihilism - Life is meaningless, what's the point?
- Aliens - Invade the Earth.
- Radical Ecology - Save nature, kill humanity!
- Asociality - Down with human society!
- Cyberocracy - Humans should not rule (unless if they are misanthropes).
- Satanic Theocracy and Demonocracy - Enslaved Humans.
- Death Worship - Human sacrifice for the benefit of the world!
- Radical Abortionism - Mandatory abortions are based!
- Post-Humanism - One day I might end up here...
- Primal Primitivism - ...or back here
- Technoprimal Post-Humanism - A mix of the two guys above? Based.
- Accelerationism - You accelerate until the end of humanity.
- Johan Liebert Thought - "The only thing humans are equal in is death."
- Cannibalism Legalization - Allowing people to eat each other is based!
- Voluntary Human Extinction - Are you for the extinction of humanity? Based. Wait, what... Extinction should be voluntary? Then cringe.
- Anarchism - Splitting human states seems like a good idea, but otherwise you're too humanistic
- Anarcho-Primitivism - same as above but better. Abolish civilization but also reject humanity altogether.
- Anti-Humanism - You made some points on the artificial concepts humanity had made, and thus humanist theory cannot work. But, you only deconstruct anthropology! I want humanity to deconstruct into ashes!
- Anti-Japaneseism, Jewish-Nazism and White Guilt - Your ethnic self-hatred is admirable. Expand it though.
- Racism - Same as above, hate your own race
- Posadism - Nuclear genocide of the human race sounds ep... Wait, you want to rebuild it after the apocalypse? Cringe then.
- Bio-Posadism - Exactly like above, but with global diseases instead.
- Humanism - Humans don't deserve rights, they deserve extinction!
Ignore the fact that I am also a human
- Human Chauvinism - Same as above, your precious human race will perish
- Climate Skepticism - Evidence that the essence of humanity is to harm the environment
- Everyone else - FUCKING HUMANS