Not to be confused with Linguistic Conservatism.
Linguistic Preservationism is a language ideology which while being culturally right can also be seen as inclusive.
It's basically Linguistic Conservatism taken to the extreme. It tries to preserve all languages that are being currently spoken. Another difference to Linguistic Conservatism is that the arguments aren't inherently based on nationalism and traditionalism.
This ideology wants to preserve as many languages as possible.
There are ~6700 languages and 40% are teetering on the brink of extinction and it argues that when a language dies, we loose a culture, a work of art and a unique way to perceive the world. There are also factions mostly consisting of scientist that support this ideology because when a language dies it's way harder and sometimes impossible to study the language and the culture associated with it.
There are many institutions who try to help preserving languages or document endangered languages like UNESCO, Center for the Protection of Language Resources of China and Europe's Endangered Languages Documentation Programm.
Personality and Behaviour
Linguistic Preservationism is a extremely smart and eloquent ball. He loves to speak and learn different languages especially endangered languages. He has basic knowledge in every spoken language and has the power to summon letters/symbols from different languages. He can also chnage the letters/symbols on him into other ones.
How to draw
- Draw a ball and colour it blue.
- Draw some letters/symbols from different languages with white on the ball.
- (Optional) Draw flying letters around the ball.
- Viola, you're done.
- Linguistic Conservatism - Nice start but why only perserve one language?
- Multiculturalism - Yasss, let's let people live their culture and language freely!
- Interculturalism - Exchange of different culutures can spark interest in different languages... but it can also make one language dominant...
- Linguistic Nationalism - You sometimes support be kinda but for the wrong reasons.
- Globalism - Thanks for killing a language every 2 weeks asshole!
- Anationalism - Fuck you! Humanity only having one language would be nightmarish.
- Primal Primitivism - AHHHH you can't even speak any language, you would literally kill every language!!!
|Conservatives - Tradition, morality and praising the Lord|
|Main|| Atheist Conservatism • Linguistic Conservatism • Linguistic Preservationism • Christian Conservatism • Black Conservatism • Blue Lives Matter • Monarcho-Conservatism • Sollism • Traditionalist Kakistocracy • Cisarchy • Kekistani Nationalism • Anti-Internetism • High-Tier Hierarchycracy • Japanese Liberal Democracy • Rukkhadevata Theocracy • Pepperism
|Reactionary|| Ei's Eternity • 800ism • 900ism • 1000ism • 1100ism • 1200ism • 1300ism • 1400ism • 1500ism • 1600ism (until 1685) • Medievalism • Neo-Lawrencarchy