The Centre Party is a LibRight-leaning, Culturally Left, Environmentalist, Feminist and Liberal party in Sweden.
The party was originally a Farmers' Party and focused a lot on the rural population. However, in recent times the party has started focusing more on young, urban women with a heavy emphasis on Feminist politics.
Despite its name and self-image it's hard to call the party a Centrist party. It has many, comparably, radical ideas and non-centrist positions, but when put together they average out. It can therefore be considered a Radical centrist party.
One of its core tenets is that of the free market. It is, arguably, the party with the biggest focus on the free market out of the main parties in Sweden. The strive for a free market can also be linked to the party's big love for "freedom".
It is generally pretty progressive. It supports policies such as Abortion, Feminism, Free love, Open borders and An expansion of rights. Their Youth organization is especially focused on the expansion of rights with some pretty Suspicious opinions.
The party has been criticized for using manipulative tactics to gain power. The abandonment of their core values for political power is something that the party has been accused of.
- Green Liberalism - You care for the environment and liberal values? Really cool.
- Anti-Kleptocracy – In Sweden, it is forbidden by law to be a criminal.
- Abortionism - Abortion is a right!
- Feminism - You're my main focus. Don't tell Him.
- Capitalism - The free market will solve all of our problems.
- Immigrants - Welcome to Sweden. Make yourself at home.
- Civil Libertarianism - FREEDOM!!!
- Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism - You're a more radical version of me. Cool.
- Radical Centrism - Who said that you can't have an opinion just because you're a centrist?
- Nordic Model - A bit too socialistic for my liking, but not that bad.
- Social Democracy - I'll support you, for now.
- Pink Capitalism - Woah, slow down there buddy.
- Agrarianism - Yes, I am the farmers' party. Wait, don't vote for Them.
- Regulationism - You don't just limit freedom, but you're also a crypto-socialist.
- Left Party - You're the worst party in the parliament.
- Sweden Democrats - I take that back.
- Nationalism - Racists.
- Left-Wing Nationalism - Racist communists.
- Illegalism - In Sweden it's actually illegal to engage in illegal activity