French Constitutionalism, full name Society of the Friends of the Constitution is a radical republican revolutionary ideology, representing the un-fractured Jacobin Club, the most influential political faction during the French Revolution of 1789. Originally one entity, the club and the ideology split into multiple other factions, like the Montagnards, the Girondins, the Maraisards, etc. French Constitutionalism represents the modern definition of Jacobinism, that being of a supporter of a centralized republican state and of strong central government powers.
The Society of the Friends of the Constitution was initially founded in 1789 by anti-royalist deputies from Brittany. The club eventually grew into a nationwide republican movement, with a membership estimated to be around half a million or more. The club was heterogenous and included the two most prominent French political factions in the early 1790s, The Mountain and the Girondins.
Between 1792 and 1793, the Girondins were the leading faction in the club, but, as Montagnard influence grew within the National Convention, the Girondins were being increasingly sidelined, and they were eventually disbarred from the National Convention, beginning a period of Montagnard dominance that lasted until July 1794.
The period of Montagnard dominance, known as the Reign of Terror, featured high levels of political violence and a large amount of executions. After multiple suppressed insurrections, the National Convention managed to push the Montagnards out off power and had Robespierre and 21 of his associates executed. The Jacobin Club closed in November 1794.
Personality and Behavior
French Constitutionalism acts like a protective mother to the other Jacobin factions, with her favorite child being Jacobinism. However, she usually shuns and ignores her child Feuillantism, due to it being moderate and monarchist.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Draw a Phrygian cap on the ball's head.
- Draw a French cockade on the cap.
- Fill the cap with red.
- Fill the ball with white.
- Draw 2 intertwined branches in black.
- Draw the eyes.
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Red||#FF0909||255, 9, 9|
|Blue||#3F48CC||63, 72, 204|
- Girondism - I like your republican spirit! You and your brother need to fight less.
- La Plaineism - You should be more like your brothers.
- Republicanism - Vivre libre ou mourir!
- Left-Wing Populism - Fight for our freedom!
- Dutch Patriotism - Our northern neighbour.
- Jacobinism - You are my son, and I love you dearly because of that, but please i beg you stop sending random people to the guillotine!
- Feuillantism - You are my son, and I love you dearly because of that, but please do not let yourself be corrupted by those evil monarchists!
- Monarchism - The bane of my existence.
- Feudalism - Ah, a fresh head to guillotine!
- Bonapartism - You're just as bad as any monarchist!
- Habsburgism, Orangism & Prussian System - M*narchists!
Credit: u/Viharu, Source
|French Ideologies - Vive la République!|
|Main||Francophobia • Pan-Francoism|