Faragism is the ideology of Nigel Farage, former leader of UKIP. It is economically and culturally right-wing, nationalist and highly Eurosceptic.
During his school years, Farage was active in the youth group of the Tory Party and an admirer of Enoch Powell. In 1992 he left the Tories after they signed the "Treaty on European Union" under John Major. A year later he joined the "Anti-Federalist League", later to be known as UKIP, and was then elected into EU parliament in 1999. In 2006 he became elected as leader of the party with 45% of the vote. Originally a single-issue eurosceptic party, under him UKIP moved more to the right and became increasingly populist, while economically being influenced by Classical Liberalism/ Libertarianism. The party would also focus more on Bri'ish nationalism and being anti-immigration, causing tons of people to label them as "racist" and "xenophobic". While not getting any seats in UK parliament due to the country's FPTP system, it still got the third highest popular vote in the 2015 UK election and gained the most seats in EU parliament in 2014. This added more pressure on David Cameron on doing a referendum on whether the UK should stay in the EU. On 2016 the referendum was casted with the leave side of the campaign winning. Now after accomplishing his life goal, Farage decided to step down as leader of UKIP with the rest of the party left in a weird position on where to go next. However due to Theresa May's delays on Brexit, UKIP could now see a second-boost from this. But instead, the party moved more to the fringe right under Gerard Batten, who hired far-right figures like Tommy Robinson and focused more on opposition to Islam. This caused Farage to leave the party and start another under the name of the "Brexit Party", which took all of UKIP's seats in EU parliament. Now that the UK has finally left the EU, as of 2021, Farage has now officially retired from politics. After he left, the BRexit Party's Name was changed to Reform UK.
Personality and Behaviour
Often seen with a pint of beer or smoking, ranting about either the EU or mass-immigration.
- National Liberalism - We're a "classical liberal" party!
- Euroscepticism- DOWN WITH THE EU!
- Trumpism - You're the most resilient and brave person I've ever met.
- Pragerism- I sometimes go on his videos.
- Thatcherism - I'm the true heir to Thatcher!
- Gerontocracy - My voter base!
- Alt-Lite - My other and more young voter base and Fandom!
- Ultranationalism - Now look, I like the nation and our sovereignty as much as the next guy but you take it way too far. That and you completely killed UKIP.
- Basedism - Based? Based on what?
- Borisism - Thanks for delivering Brexit, but I oppose your lockdown laws.
- Welfare Chauvinism - If I pretend to care about the NHS, that should give me more votes!
- European Federalism - I'm so glad we finally left the EU, you totalitarian globalist.
- Multiculturalism - Mass-Immigration has failed us!
- One Nation Liberalism - Just admit defeat on Brexit already, Cameron.
- Zionism - I think we should be more concerned about the Jewish lobby's influence.
- Corbynism - Why won't you support leaving the EU with me? you goddamn looney leftist, islamo-marxist!
- British Fascism - STOP TRYING TO ENTER INTO MY PARTY!
- Vaushism - A tip for Vowsh, stay out of teenagers' DMs. No good can come of it
- Dengism - CHINESE COMMUNISTS ARE TRYING TO STEAL OUR FREEDOM! FIRST BROUGHT OVER THE VIRUS AND NOW THEY’RE BUYING UP OUR SCHOOLS!
- The Purple Revolution by Nigel Farage
- UKIP Party Manifesto 2010
- Restoring britishness
- UKIP Manifesto 2015
- Contract with the people