Chiang Kai-shek thought, commonly known as Conservative Tridemism or Right Kuomintangism, is the ideology of the former president of the Republic of China (1911-1949) and the Republic of China exiled government in Taiwan (1949-). Chiang Kai-shek thought is an authoritarian unity and conservative ideology that was highly influential for China before the communist takeover and Taiwan until the sweeping democratization in the 1990s.
Chiang Kai-shek Thought is a conservative interpretation of Tridemism that is more socially conservative, authoritarian, Confucianist. and anti-communist than the original Tridemism. It is also more authoritarian and anti-Japanese than the original Tridemism. However, after WW2, the relationship between Japan and Chiang’s Taiwan (after his regime fled to Taiwan in the late 1940s) warmed up again due to shared interests, anti-communism, and conservative ideological alignment.
Chiang Kai-shek thought was initially highly authoritarian (especially in the Taiwan martial times) until Chiang Ching-kuo reformed the KMT party-state and made it moderately authoritarian.
Despite being a right-wing authoritarian ideology that suppresses dissents with an iron fist, Chiang Kai-shek Thought always calls itself the bastion of ‘Free China’ and a champion against communism totalitarianism.
After the government of the Republic of China moved to Taiwan, Chiang Kai-shek's economic policy turned towards to Economic Liberalism, he used Sho-Chieh Tsiang and other liberal economists to promote economic liberalization reforms in Taiwan.
However, Taylor has noted that the developmental model of Chiangism in Taiwan still had elements of socialism, and the Gini index of Taiwan was around 0.28 by the 1970s, lower than the relatively equal West Germany. Taiwan was one of the most equal countries in the pro-western bloc. The lower 40% income group doubled their income share to 22% of total income, with the upper 20% shrinking from 61% to 39%, compared to the Japanese rule. The Chiangist economic model can be seen as a form of Dirigisme or State Capitalism, with the state playing a crucial role in directing the market economy. Small businesses flourished under this economic model in Taiwan, but it didn’t see the emergence of corporate monopolies, unlike most other major capitalist countries.
After the democratization of Taiwan, it began to slowly drift away from the Chiangist economic policy to embrace a more free market system, as part of the economic globalization process under the context of Neoliberalism.
In the 1950's, Chiang Kai-shek launched a large-scale, yet unsuccessful plan to retake Mainland China and Mongolia after facing defeat at the Civil War and relocation to Taiwan, by the campaign name "Fight Communism, Resist Russia" (反共抗俄). He also attempted to reclaim lost areas occupied by Russia (Soviet Union) throughout history, which included Haishenwai (海參崴；Present-day Vladivostok), Khabarovsk, and Kazakhstan, totaling to approximately 160 times the size of Taiwan island. Initially this plan will also include a full-scale invasion of the Soviet Union if North Korea was defeated in the Korean War and the Nationalists regain control of China, taking most parts of Russia as follows:
- Taiping Province (太平省) which compromises of Vladivostok, Amur, Sakha, Khabarovsk, parts of Sakhalin (Kuril Islands will be returned to Japan) and Magadan, where Taiping City (Approx. at present-day Khabarovsk Krai) as the provincial capital;
- Chunghsing Province (中興省) which compromises of Eastern Siberia, where Siberia (Approx. at Krasnoyarsk Krai) as the provincial capital;
- Yongning Province (永寧省) which compromises of Western Siberia and Ural, where Novosibirsk as the provincial capital;
- Yongan Province (永安省) which compromises of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan, where Yongan City (Approx. at Qyzylorda, Kazakhstan) as the provincial capital;
- The rest of the Soviet territories, which compromises of the remaining territories of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will be under the administration of the United Nations after a series of hydrogen and atomic bombs were dropped into Russia.
Personality and Behaviors
Chiang Kai-shek Thought remains highly controversial both internationally and in the cross-straits. Supporters praise his efforts in the Nanjing Decade, drafting the Constitution of the Republic of China with broad civil rights provisions, resisting Japanese imperialists, Taiwanese land reform and building Taiwan that made it an Asian Tiger. He was also credited for his improvements of women’s rights, technologies and education, as well as his rural reconstruction movement. Chiang's supporters also credit his resistance of Soviet imperialists and his firm opposition to the communist take over of China.
Conversely, Chiang's detractors denounce him as an incompetent tyrant, and often accuse him of being a quasi-fascist dictator who violently suppressed and massacred dissents with white terror and flooded the Yellow River flood that killing hundreds of thousands and subsequently caused the Henan Famine (even though it was done to resist Japan’s colonization and genocide against China). Detractors also criticize his government's Kleptocracy (even if he did not involve in corruption personally) and the massacre of Taiwanese dissidents during the 228 Massacre.
How to Draw
Chiang Kai-shek Thought's flag was based on the Flag of the National Revolution Army, currently also the flag of the Republic of China Army which was under his command.
- Draw a ball.
- Color the ball with red.
- Draw the flag of Kuomintang (refer Tridemism) on the middle.
- Draw Chiang's peak cap or optionally, draw the medal of the Order of the Blue Sky and the White Sun on bottom left of the ball.
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
- Tridemism - My dad! 國父孫中山先生萬歲 (Long live the Founding Father Sun Yat-sen)
Just ignore the fact that I murdered and imprisoned many Sun's loyal followers, including Hu Hanmin.
- Triequism - I sheltered Kim Gu and Korean nationalists to establish the Korean Provisional Government in Shanghai as an umbrella against Japanese imperialism.
- Ilminism - My Korean brother who shares the same goal of mine.
But why did you murder Kim Gu??
- Stratocracy - 軍政 (Stratocracy), 訓政 (Political Tutelage under KMT’s one-party state), 憲政 (Constitutional democracy), a unified China under Tridemism.
- Conservative Feminism - The First Lady Soong Mei-ling is a conservative Tridemist feminist who supports strong-willed women and traditional gender roles. Also, I introduced a gender quota in the constitution of the Republic of China and Taiwan was one of the most feminist countries in Asia under my rule. 
- Irredentism - RECLAIM MAINLAND!!!! ELIMINATE ZHU MAO!!!!!!
- Authoritarian Conservatism - White terror go brrrr.
- Social Conservatism - Ethnics and morals are essential for the health of China as a nation.
- Kemalism - You are a great inspiration to the nations of the free world. I even sent a photo of mine to you.
- Scientocracy - Science is needed to build a technologically and educationally advanced China.
- Hu Hanmin Thought - You were useful for me at first, but later you betrayed me.
- Liberalism - Only Hu Shih can have free speech and free publications in Free China.
- Chinese Blueshirtism - You were once useful for me, but uh, I now hate fascism and I don't need you anymore as I started a self-defense war against the Axis and Fascist Japan.
- Neoconservatism - We are supposed to be allies, right? Why didn’t you help me during the civil war and why did you try to coup me??? Thanks for your aid for me to build Taiwan though
- Stalinism - We have a very complicated relationship like the above.......
- Japanese Liberal Democracy - We have a relatively good relationship after WW2, but why did you give traitors a shelter?
- Celfloskyism - Well, the fellow Orthodox Tridemism, but why you want to help some people who I caught in White Terror?
- Rooseveltianism - Thanks for your aid and your efforts against the Japs, but why didn’t you like me and even tried to assassinate me?
- Liberal Tridemism - Good job continuing my legacy to the future and continues to be anti-communist. Though too moderate and liberal but I like Xin Haonian. Lei Chen was a nation traitor though.
- National Socialism - How can I be your ally when you're an ally of that Japanese devil? I’ll declare war on you too! Thanks for the equipment and advisors. Chiang Wei-kuo was also serving as an officer during his military service in Germany during the Sino-German Cooperation.
- Francoism - You are way too theocratic and traditionalist and monarchism is also very cringe. However, we are otherwise similar on many aspects in terms of culture and anti-communism. But why did you support Showa Rapists over me?
- Marxism - Most people who hate me or love me might not believe it: I used to be a staunch Marxist. That being said, even though anti-capitalism and revolutionary anti-imperialism are based af, his anti-nationalism, anti-conservatism, and cultural views are just terrible. Confucian Chinese traditions have better socialist roots than western ideals like Marxism.
- Maoism - Commie psycho scums, prepare to be eliminated!
- Dengism - Three NOes: no contact, no negotiation and no compromise.
- Showa Statism - Japanese genocidal rapist scums!! Never forget Nanking Massacre!!!
- Taiwanese Separatism - Eat my bullets you self-hating Han Chinese
- Revisionary Tridemism - Revisionary Scums! What the fuck did you do to my party?
- Chiang Wei-shui Thought - I used you against him before, but now I need you no more. Get banned by my white terror.
- Wang Jingwei Thought - FUCKING NATION TRAITOR WHO BETRAYED THE NATIONAL REVOLUTION AND CHINA!!!!
- Separatism - NO SEPARATISM, MONGOLIA IS INALIENABLE PART OF CHINA FUCK CCP FOR SELLING YOU!!!
Even though the Soviet imperialists forced me to give independence to Mongolia but then again I retracted my recognization after I retreated to Taiwan because the Soviets didn’t honor the treaty.
- Anti-Authoritarianism - HA HA Shanghai Massacre, February 28, and white terror go brrrrr!
- Imperialism - ‘If imperialism is not banished from the country, China will perish as a nation. If China does not perish, then imperialism cannot remain.’
Unless when America does it.
- ↑ Chiang's regime was very corrupt, but not him personally
- ↑ Initially Chiang Kai-Shek was a Marxist who researched several works of Karl Marx and held left-leaning views, until he began to be skeptical towards the KMT-CCP co-operation after the Canton Coup.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialist_ideology_of_the_Kuomintang#Chiang_Kai-shek
- ↑ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Noes#:~:text=The%20Three%2DNoes%20Policy%20(Chinese,ROC%20(see%20Three%20Links).
- ↑ https://journals.open.tudelft.nl/iphs/article/download/2722/2933/7660 Chiang Ching-kuo was deeply influenced by the economic ideas of the USSR due to his Soviet education despite being a staunch anti-communist
- ↑ http://ghk.nctu.edu.tw/word/3-2-1%E9%BB%83%E6%87%89%E8%B2%B40.pdf
- ↑ https://m.xuite.net/blog/yeh.zi59/twblog/128235258
- ↑ https://pttstudy.com/warfare/M.1595853574.A.E3A.html
- ↑ http://www2.igs.ocha.ac.jp/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2.pdf
- ↑ https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/653183
|Irredentist - Revenge for my Motherland and Battle!|
|Main||Celfloskyism • Neo-Scarlet Monarchism|
|Republic of China||Celfloskyism •|
|People's Republic of China|