Lewisianism is an ideology based off the author and christian apologist C. S. Lewis.
Clive Staples Lewis was born in Belfast, Ireland, in the year 1898. As a young boy, he described a deep longing he felt throughout most of his life, which he called "Joy." Latter, he moved back to England, where he attended boarding school, where he slowly came to the conclusion that all this "Joy" business was nothing more then silly childishness that he should kept to himself. As a young man, despite being raised anglican, he soon became an atheist under the influence of a private tutor who he greatly respected. After fighting in WW1, he completed his studies. He eventually met J. R. R. Tolkien, and began reading authors like George McDowell and G. K. Chesterton, who began slowly to turn his mind towards Christianity. Eventually, he became a theist, and soon after, a Christian. He went on to teach at Oxford and write many books including The Screw Tape Letters, Mere Christianity, and most famously, a set of children's fantasy stories called The Chronicles of Narnia.
Lewisianism is a rather polite, peaceful ball, often seen reading, writing, smoking his pipe, or talking with friends. He is a devout Christian and Anglican, who enjoys thinking about Christianity and the bible. He doesn't desire to force his religious values onto others, but is willing to defend his views by reasoning to the best of his ability. His mains faults are that he can be a little hard on people, especially himself, and that he holds to some rather old fashioned and regressive views, such that wives aught always to obey there husbands, and that homosexuality is a perversion.
- Natural Law Theory - Where my ethics come from.
- Enviromentalism - It is our duty to care for the natural world.
- Thomism - One of the great christian philosophers.
- Distributism - Chesterton was a big influence on me.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - "A Christian society would be what we now call Leftist ... If there were such a society in existence and you or I visited it, I think we should come away with a curious impression. We should feel that its economic life was very socialistic and, in that sense, ‘advanced,’ but that its family life and its code of manners were rather old fashioned." Mere Christianity
- Progressive Conservatism - “Chronological snobbery is the uncritical acceptance of the intellectual climate common to our own age and the assumption that whatever has gone out of date is on that account discredited. You must find why it went out of date." Surprised by Joy
- Social Progressive-Conservatism - Quite a pleasant combination.
- Christian Democracy - You sum up my political views quite nicely
just remember not to force christian social values onto none believers.
- Tolkienism - A good friend of mine.
- Anglican Theocracy - I'm a devout member of the Church of England, but we should never push our value on others.
- Pagan Theocracy - I'm drawn to this, but I know I shouldn't practice it. Pagan Myth is beautiful, but it should never detract us form the truth.
- Fantasyism - Tempting, but I'll stick with reality, thank you very much.
Enemies (still loves them):
- Feminism - You would be much happier if you just obeyed your husband.
- Totalitarianism - No institution can be trusted with absolute power.
- National Socialism - You bombed my home and killed millions.
- Satanic Theocracy - Hello Screwtape. It's been a while hasn't it?
- C.S. Lewis (Wikipedia)
- The Political Magic of C.S. Lewis (Peter Wehner, The New York Times, Sept. 24, 2016)
- C.S. Lewis as Christian Political Philosopher (Regent University, October 26, 2020)
- C.S. Lewis on Christianity Beyond Party (Cara Swain, The War Cry)
|Liberals - Civil liberties, and reeeing at the Alt-right|
|Main||Anti-Nazbol • Coop Classical Liberalism • Liberal Corporatism • NymNism • Schwabism|
|Regional||Al-Shammarism • American Model • Democratism • Hillaryism • Hong Kong Democratism • Łże-Liberalism|
|Self-Inserts||Arctoism • Beryism • Celfloskyism • Chcknwngs Thought • Evolutionary Socialism • JoeyFloppaism • M4RKAruism • Mebroukism • • Metbolism • Mattism • Neo Social Libertarianism • oRange System • Retroliberalism • TDRHism • Yoda8soup Thought|
| Conservatives - Conserving the nation |
|Main||Petersonism • Conservative Party of Canada • Linguistic Conservatism • Linguistic Preservationism •|
|Conservative||Petersonism • Conservative Party of Canada|
|Traditional||JoeyFloppaism • Metbolism • SomeCrusaderism • Mangoism|
|Exclusive||JoeyFloppaism • Metbolism|
|Normative||SomeCrusaderism • Mangoism|
|Inclusive||Conservative Party of Canada|
|Self-Inserts||JoeyFloppaism • Metbolism • SomeCrusaderism • Mangoism • Neo-Mangoism|