Blairism is the political ideology of the British Politican (And former prime minister) Sir Tony Blair. It is an economically Centre-Right and culturally Centre-Left Ideology. This Ideology combines aspects of both Neoliberalism and Social Democracy. This Ideology is also very Hawkish when it comes to foreign policy.
Throughout the 80s/Early 90s, the Conservative And Unionist Party of the United Kingdom dominated British politics, winning a consecutive 3 Landslides under the leadership of Margaret Thatcher. In response to this, the Labour Party, a traditionally socialist party started moving to the Centre in order to appeal to the Thatcher/Moderate voter.
Labour Leadership Under Tony Blair
A new era for the Labour Party began in 1994 when a young Tony Blair was chosen as its leader. Under his leadership, the Labour Party abandoned the party's socialist roots and repealed Clause 5 in the Labour Rulebook. As a result of these actions, the party adopted Gidden's vision on social democracy, a mix between Neoliberalism and Social Democracy. This new labour party was dubbed "New Labour" by Blair.
As a result of these new changes, Labour went on to beat the Conservative Party by a landslide in the 1997 General Election, winning a majority of 253 (419-188)
Fall of New Labour
After the resignations of Both Blair and Brown, The new Labour movement ended in 2010 but Third-way thought is still very influential in the Labour party even after Brown's resignation.
- Third Way - My father!
- Neoliberalism - Friend of mine,But please get more regulated
- Social Democracy - My ideal society,But God be more Deregulated!
- Social Capitalism and Social Liberalism - You two knows that we need to mix Regulationism and Deregulationism for the common good
- Neoconservatism - Intervention? Sign me up!
- Ordo-Liberalism - My German counterpart!
- Democratism - My American counterpart!
Why did you don't like Tea it's delicious!
- Federalism - It's Devolution time!
- Starmerism - You carry my legacy well,You will show Sunak who is the boss in 2024.
Kleptocracy - I literally stole money from my own citizens so that I can spend it all on wars and on myself, owned a lot of property, and partook in many bribes.
- Brownism - I appointed you after my renounce,But stop sending that much money to the banks it's too much!
- Thatcherism - You take the Deregulation too far!
- Blatcherism - My bastard child who like his Mother takes too far!
- One Nation Labour - I glad you are going to stop the Tories,But Nationalism Seriously?.
- Irish Republicanism - Peace?
|UK Ideologies - Bri'ish Politics, Innit?|
|Authoritarian Left||Animalism • Britannocommunism • Fabianism • Gallowayism|
|Authoritarian Unity||Hobbesism • Norsefireism • Pure-blood Supremacy • Silver Mosleyism • Social Englishism|
|Authoritarian Right||Andreanism • Based Autism • Blatcherism • Churchillism • English Heritage Thought • Etonianism • Hellsingism • Rhodesism • Shaggerism • Thatcherism|
|Right Unity||Cromwellism • Faragism|
|Centrist||Borisism • Blairism • British Unionism • English Heritage Thought • One Nation Liberalism • Starmerism|
|Libertarian Right||Manchester Liberalism • Spencerianism • Voluntaryism • Xerunoxism|
|Libertarian Unity||Bsaheedism • Mutual Libertarianism • Whoism|
|Libertarian Left||Chaplinism • Orwellism • Scouse Syndicalism • Szecówkism|
|Left Unity||Burnhamism • Corbynism • Labourism • Preston Model|
|Non-Quadrant||Irish Unitism • Ultra-Anglophobia|