Batistaism is the ideology encompassing the beliefs and policies of former Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista. It is an authoritarian, free-market capitalist, and culturally progressive ideology, known for hosting a playground of vices for American tourists, at the cost of the Cuban people.
Fulgencio Batista was a Cuban military officer and politician who served as the elected President of Cuba from 1940 to 1944 and as its U.S. backed dictator from 1952 to 1959, before being overthrown during the Cuban Revolution.
Before becoming a dictator, Batista's political career in Cuba could be summarized as cunning and opportunistic. He ran initially with the Democratic Socialist Coalition (CSD) for the the 1940 general elections and he won. Later in the 1954 elections, the CSD would rebrand itself as the newly formed National Progressive Coalition.
Batista's regime is particularly infamous because of his ties to American mafia groups and his promotion of the casino industry over others. The rampant abundance of businesses entertaining all kinds of vices, such as gambling and prostitution, caused a tourism boom. This short economic boom is used by his modern supporters as proof of his success as a leader.
Personality and Behavior
- He hates all communists no matter what.
- He's extremely jaded and morally cynical.
- He likes business, especially vice business.
- He likes to talk about the tax rates & GDP during his rule.
- He is generally paranoid when around other Caribbean ideologies.
How to Draw
- Make a ball.
- Paint the top half of the ball with the design of the flag of Cuba, rotated counterclockwise by 90 degrees.
- Paint a bottom part of the ball with dark blue.
- In the dark blue at the bottom, add a white imperialist sun.
- Draw either one or two eyes, and you're done!
- (Optional) Draw a military hat.
- Authoritarian Capitalism - Literally me!
- Hedonistic Capitalism - What a great way to rule a country!
- American Model - One of my best clients.
- Neoconservatism - Best Friends Forever.
- Neoliberalism - My biggest business partner.
- State Liberalism - Literally me, but more focused on progressivism.
- Alcoholism - Booze good, commies bad!
- National Progressivism - My party platform after the 1950s.
- Kennedyism - Tried to help me get my country back.
- Trujillism - Good friend, though his cultural values reduce profit margins.
- American mafia - I don't ask you where you got your money, you don't ask me how I got the land I'm gonna sell to America.
- Mediacracy - Mega TV is my favorite TV channel, they love me there!
- Cuban-American Conservatives - Wait you guys from Miami think I WAS A CONSERVATIVE?! FUCKING HILARIOUS!!
- Libertarian Conservatism - You say nice things about me, but I'm in the business of making money, not preaching about liberty.
- Democratic Socialism - Thanks for supporting me, but you took time to notice that communism sucks!
- Narco-Capitalism - I need to oppose you for political reasons, but your products sell fast to tourists.
- File:Muñozism icon.png Muñozism - Are you with me or against me?! Pick a side already, you aren't even a real country!
- Tourists - I only like you because you have lots of money and horrible spending habits.
- Pink Capitalism - I like how profitable you are for my casinos, but keep this a secret.
- National Capitalism - Take down commies but no racism.
- Agrarianism - Haha get fucked hillbilly, casinos go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
- National Socialism - Racist collectivist.
- Fascism - Filthy collectivist.
- Marxist Leninism - Execution time!
- Stalinism - Tyrannical commie collectivist.
- Trotskyism - Dumb commie collectivist.
- Conservative Socialism - Judgmental commie collectivist.
- Anarcho Communism - Evil lying commie collectivist.
- Castroism - I ALMOST HAD YOU!
- Guevarism - HOW DARE YOU KILL MY LOYAL WAR CRIMINALS!
- Interview of Fulgencio Batista's Son - Interview with Fulgencio Batista's son, who is fairly apolitical. He gives an idealized testament of his fathers life, but he also mentions his fathers reclusive attitude.
- Jaime Bayly - Interview with pro-Batista author Juan Almeida. Bayly himself works for Mega TV, a broadcasting company with headquarters within Miami & Puerto Rico. He is politically a neoconservative and liberal conservative.