Banderaism refers to the ideological thought of Stepan Bandera and Ukrainian ultranationalism as a whole. The ideology stresses on the idea of the Ukrainian nation and its territorial sovereignty. Modern incarnations of Banderaism wish for Ukraine to be in a third position between Western Atlanticism and Russian Eurasianism, rejecting both in favor of a nationalistic Ukrainian state free from foreign influence. Banderaism historically called for the end to Zionism and the creation of Greater Ukraine, leading to the massacres of Poles in Volyhnia. Some adherents believe that the ancient Ukrainians created most of the modern European culture and civilization.
The UPA (Ukrainian Insurgency Army) was born in 1942, when National Socialism killed the Ukrainian Nationalist Government. Their main goal was Ukrainian independence.
They fought against Nazis and their collaborators (Melnykists and SS Galizien), Red Army, Soviet partisans, and Polish Home Army.
Despite the popular belief, supported by Poles and Russians, UPA were not Nazi collaborators. Although a year before its formation, notable nationalist leaders did work with Nazis, hoping that they would give them independence, formed the Nachtigall and Roland battalions, both composed of mostly Ukrainians. On 30th June, 1941, Free Ukrainian State was proclaimed, but it didn't last long because German forces betrayed them, imprisoning most leaders and putting some of them in concentration camps, like Sachsenhausen.
Stepan Bandera's legacy is controversial. While glorified by Ukrainian nationalists as a founding father of the Ukrainian nation, he has also been denounced as a Nazi collaborator. Bandera's ultranationalism and its support in today's Ukraine has been used as an ideological pretext for the invasion of Ukraine, with "de-Nazification" becoming Russia's main casus belli in the international arena.
- Ethnic Nationalism, Ultranationalism & Russophobia - Russia shall not pass!
- National Capitalism - Me after the start of the Cold War.
- Neoconservatism - Thank you for operation "Aerodynamic" and futher support during Cold War. You're cool for supporting Ukraine now against the Russian bastards.
- Azovism - Literally me, but for the 21st Century.
- Axis Collaborationism – I was willing to join the Germans in liberating Ukraine from the commies. But they refused to make Ukraine independent!
- Nazism - Thanks for fighting them , but you rejected our call for independence! Regardless, pretty based if done right!
- Putinism - FUCK YOU, YOU EVIL MOSKAL! YOU WILL NEVER CONQUER UKRAINE! You're Mongolian! Get your hands off our holy Ukraine!
- LGBT - Shameful.
- Stalinism - Stupid Katsap! Let me eat!
- Marxism-Leninism - Take your communism back to Russia! Stop oppressing Ukrainians!
- Sanationism - I just took back what's mine and kicked expansionists out!
- Slavic Nationalism - Literally dead and decrepit. There is no brotherhood between us, we are a different nation!
- Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists
- Stepan Bandera
- Right Sector
- Far-right political parties in Ukraine
- Ukrainian National Government