Authoritarian Pacifism is an ideology advocating the use of an authoritarian state to enforce pacifist policies. Authoritarian Pacifism bans all means of violence, both physical and emotional, even those which are insignificant, like screaming at, pushing or insulting someone.
Since the state bans violence, this creates a paradox, as enforcement of such a principle is extremely difficult without even the slightest bit of violence being permissible against people who commit a form of violence. To resolve this paradox, different factions of Authoritarian Pacifism propose distinct solutions.
The Retributivist faction follows a principle commonly known as “an eye for an eye”. It states that peace can only be effectively maintained in society if committers of violence face violence from the state, of the same form and severity, as legal punishment.
The Pol Potian faction follows a principle best described as “a head for an eye”, or if it’s especially extreme, “many heads for an eye”. It advocates the immediate arrest and execution of all offenders of any form or severity of violence, deeming such people as imperialist traitors to the pacifist revolution. In a more extreme form, it advocates the execution of each offender’s entire family.
The Restorative faction advocates for the physical removal, so to speak, of each offender of violence from the scene with the minimum necessary amount of coercion, placing them temporarily under state control. The state would then use well-funded psychiatric institutions, as well as reintegration programs, to help offenders grow into peaceful civilians.
The Relocative faction advocates for the physical removal, so to speak, of each offender of violence from the scene with the minimum necessary amount of coercion, to a random location far from the where the act of violence occurred. The chosen location becomes farther with repeat or severe offenses, eventually amounting to deportation.
The Creditist faction proposes a social credit system as a solution to maintaining peace. Sustained peace and good conduct would increase a civilian’s social credit score, while acts of violence would decrease it. Social credit scores can affect access to high-ranking/high-paying work positions, the internet, certain regions and establishments, and welfare programs, among potential others.
The Transhumanist faction advocates for the implementation of genetic modification and high-tech prosthetics on all human civilians to not only minimize or erase all possible violent tendencies and bad temper, but also actively protect each civilian from harm of any kind, including accidental.
The Utopian faction’s vision is a society that, over time, organically develops completely beyond any desire or need for aggression of any kind, from both civilians and the state. The state’s sole purpose at that point, if not simply organically withered away, would be to provide citizens with various forms of organized welfare.
The Moderate faction is an ideologically ambiguous faction that can adopt moderate forms of ideas from other factions, while as a whole, being unified by belief in a balance between utopianism and punitivism.
- Pacifism - Taught me everything about the wonders of a peaceful society.
- Gandhian Socialism - You made true statements of loving defiance to our cold, violent world.
- MLKism - We need leaders like you. Even if you criticize me sometimes.
- Police Statism - Some of our factions like your approaches to maintaining social order, others not so much.
- Anarcho-Pacifism - Please, my friend, work with me. The state can serve to our benefit.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - The Non-Aggression Principle sounds decent, though somewhat lacking in its definition of “aggression”, and I’m also worried about how effective it can be with no state.
- Hippieism - Good ideals, but you could do better in terms of political action. Embrace statism a little more if you can, too.
- Bigotism - Stop being so violent!
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - Basically my polar opposite.
- Avaritionism - No, no, no, NO. This is dangerous.