The Astatine Standard is a monetary policy which directly bases the value of currency to the value of astatine.
Astatine is notable for being the rarest element in the world, which approximately only 1 gram is present on Earth at any given time. Due to astatine being a very unstable element, it has a very short half-life and will last just over 8 hours before it decays. It is also a very hard element to create in labs.
The Astatine Standard is off-compass on the economic deflation scale.
- Scientocracy - Please hurry and create more astatine, we've got trillions leaking every second!
- Plutocracy - Wouldn't it be based if only one guy in the world had all the money? But only for 8 hours though!
- Democratic Socialism - You seem to have a similar view on how the rich should be treated as I stated above, but you also seem to hate my guts.
- Netherite Standard - You're good but netherite is way too plentiful. Embrace astatine or something that's a lot more rare.
- Gold Standard, Bimetallism & Silver Standard - You're all going to ruin the economy by throwing money at everyone!
- Oxygen Standard - OK, this is absurd!