Anti-communism is a political movement and ideology opposed to Communism. It has been prominent in resistance movements against communism under socialist states governed by (usually Marxist–Leninist) communist parties throughout history. Organized anti-communism developed after the 1917 October Revolution in Russia and it reached global dimensions during the Cold War, when the United States and the Soviet Union engaged in an intense rivalry. Anti-communism has been an element of movements which hold many different political positions, including conservatism, fascism, liberalism, nationalism and social democracy as well as anarchist or libertarian and even some socialist viewpoints.
Joseph McCarthy was an American politician and attorney who served as a Republican Senator from the state of Wisconsin from 1947 until his death in 1957. The term "McCarthyism" was coined in the 1950s in reference to McCarthy's widespread anti-communist paranoia, fearmongering, and allegations that numerous communists and Soviet spies, and sympathizers had infiltrated the United States federal government, universities, and elsewhere. Joseph McCarthy rose to national fame in February 1950, when he asserted in a speech that he had a list of "members of the Communist Party and members of a spy ring" who were employed in the State Department.
From the year 1950 onwards McCarthy frequently exploited Cold War tensions and the fear of communism and even began to investigate homosexuals working in the foreign policy bureaucracy, on the ground that they were prime candidates for blackmail by the Soviets (See: Lavender Scare). Said baseless accusations against homosexual government workers received wide publicity and gained him a powerful national following.
McCarthy's methods also brought on the disapproval and opposition of many. With the highly publicized Army–McCarthy hearings of 1954, and following the suicide of Wyoming Senator Lester C. Hunt that same year, McCarthy's support and popularity faded. Ultimately, the smear tactics and threats that he used led him to be censured by the U.S. Senate.
COINTELPRO (Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of covert and illegal projects actively conducted from 1956 to 1971 by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at surveilling, infiltrating, discrediting, and disrupting domestic American political organizations the FBI deemed subversive and a threat to national security. COINTELPRO was organized by the founder of FBI, J. Edgar Hoover who had by 1956 become increasingly frustrated by U.S. Supreme Court decisions that limited the Justice Department's ability to prosecute people for their political opinions, most notably communists. This lead to him initiating covert "dirty tricks" program under the name COINTELPRO with the original purpose of disrupting CPUSA and keeping close tabs on individuals with communist sympathies such as Charlie Chaplin. COINTELPRO soon expanded to target a plethora of other organizations and movements which included feminist organizations, The New Left and the anti–Vietnam War movement, and most notably the civil rights movement and Black Power movement. Among the black activists and civil rights leaders targeted by COINTELPRO were Bayard Rustin, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Fred Hampton, Angela Davis, Viola Liuzzo, Jessica Mitford, among many other.
Every US President from the 1950s-1971, Dwight D. Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, and Richard Nixon was complicit in FBI's illegal activities to a certain extent and Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy personally authorized some of the programs.
The program was secret until 1971 when the Citizens' Commission to Investigate the FBI burgled an FBI field office in Media, Pennsylvania, using the boxing match known as the Fight of the Century between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier in March 1971 as a cover to pull off the heist, took several dossiers, and exposed the program by passing this material to news agencies.
Freikorps (Meaning volunteer corps or free regiments) were irregular German and other European military volunteer units, or paramilitary, that existed from the 18th to the early 20th centuries, which fought as mercenaries or private armies, for governments and people of high status. In Germany, in the aftermath of World War I, Freikorps consisted largely of World War I veterans who fought on behalf of the SPD-led government of Friedrich Ebert to crush Soviet-backed communist uprisings which attempted to overthrow the Weimar Republic. Minister of Defence and SPD member Gustav Noske also relied on the Freikorps to suppress the German Revolution of 1918-19 as well as the Marxist Spartacist League, culminating in the summary execution of revolutionary communist leaders Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg on 15 January 1919.
After the Freikorps' decline in influence in the 1920s, the rise of the Nazis would see a renewed rise in Freikorps activity, as many members or ex-members were drawn to the party's marrying of military and political life and extreme nationalism by joining the Sturmabteilung (SA) and Schutzstaffel (SS). The Freikorps were used by the Nazis as thugs to engage in street brawls with communists and to break up communist and socialist meetings.
Eventually, Adolf Hitler came to view the Freikorps as a nuisance and possible threat to his consolidation of power. During the Night of the Long Knives in 1934, an internal purge of Hitler's enemies within the Nazi Party, numerous Freikorps members and leaders were targeted for killing or arrest, including Freikorps commander Hermann Ehrhardt and SA leader Ernst Röhm.
Operation Condor was an operation between 1968 and 1989 in South America, which took governments from the left and placed capitalist dictatorships. The operation is known for its anti-communism and being an example of "American imperialism". The affected countries were: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Bolivia, Chile and Paraguay and their supporters were:
- Luis Posada Carriles - Luis Posada Carriles was an anti-communist militant and terrorist, in which he was responsible for overseeing the capture of Che Guevara. In the condor operation, he was responsible for carrying out terrorist attacks in Cuba and the assassination of Orlando Letelier, the main opponent of the Pinochet government.
- Jorge Rafael Videla, Alfredo Stroessner, Hugo Banzer - The aforementioned dictators are now very similar, Videla being the cruelest. In these dictatorships, indigenous peoples were persecuted, economic liberalization, support for Nazi refugees and (in Videla's case) persecution of Jews.
- Emílio Garrastazu Médici - Emílio Garrastazu Médici was a Brazilian dictator who took over after the condor operation. The Medici government is known for economic improvement and Authoritarianism, especially for AI5, a law that allows censorship, restricting civil rights and torture. It also banned pornography.
- Juan María Bordaberry - Juan María Bordaberry was a Uruguayan dictator who also took over in the condor operation, in the 1973 coup. His system was capitalist and agricultural with inspirations from Fascism and Francoism.
- Augusto Pinochet - WIP.
In the 1920s, after Nanking-Wuhan Separate. Chiang-Kai-Shek and his supporter started their resistance against Communism, starting with masacring many Communists. Before Zhang Xue Liang
a.k.a. Traitor caught Chiang, he cleansed Communist Party several times. Even let CCP's army flee to "陝甘寧".
After Chiang Retreated to Taiwan, he made some propaganda to unite Taiwanese's patriotism. e.g. 保密防諜；小心匪諜，人人有責......etc. Also controlled the education, publishing and freedom of group. He even started the White Terror, arrested the "Sinfuls".
The Peace Preservation Law was a Japanese law enacted on April 22, 1925, with the aim of allowing the Special Higher Police to effectively suppress socialists and communists and protect private property. Altogether more than 70,000 people were arrested under the provisions of the Peace Preservation Law between 1925 and its repeal by American Occupation authorities in 1945.
The Kingdom of Thailand has since the end of WWII been an important US ally on the global stage, serving as a bastillion of anti-communism in South East Asia during the Cold War, and has participated in multiple US-led military interventions. During the Korean War, Thailand under the reign of Plaek Phibunsongkhram was one of the UN's larger contributors of troops to the war effort. Under the military dictatorship of Thanom Kittikachorn was the third-largest provider of ground forces to South Vietnam during the Vietnam War, and allowed the United States Air Force in Thailand to use its air and naval bases with almost 50,000 American military personnel were stationed in Thailand throughout the war.
Anti-Communists who support a free-market or a regulated welfare system will worry that Communism will replace the market in favor of a planned economy, which is bound to turn stagnant. To Anti-Communists, a planned economy needs enough material goods to produce and sell (aka supply and demand). But for material goods to be produced very efficiently, technology needs to be advanced so goods can be created as fast as they can. So unless technology is spontaneously improving and expanding, goods can not be developed under a planned communist economy.
Planned economies are also central, meaning that all production is relied on one factor, leading to eventual malnourishment of the economy. This is provided by the statement that market economies, in opposite are run by not one singular state-controlled workforce, but thousands or corporations, businesses, free enterprise and social co-operation led by individuals not controlled or led by the state (
well, not always). With a diverse economy production will be flowing.
To most Anti-Communists especially on the right, Communism is economic and political tyranny that violates human rights by eliminating private property and market system. As previously said, without an individuals right to private property they will become slaves to the collective state. And like that, any freedom and basic rights are gone under Communist subjection.
He often criticizes and calls out communist regimes for oppression, masscares, and genocides of local populations, and condemns the USSR's expansion and occupation of countries such as Eastern European countries, which he considers as "Soviet imperialism". However, he also praises the west for doing similar things to the third world to stop communism.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Color it black
- In the middle, draw the Antifa emblem with a yellow and black flags
- Add some variant of the words "Anti-Communist Action", like in German "Anti-Kommunistche Aktion", on the emblem
- Draw the two eyes
- (Optional) Give the ball a firearm or a Molotov cocktail
You are done!
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Yellow||#FFC114||255, 193, 20|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Capitalism - Free market capitalism is the best solution!
- Neoconservatism - We must liberate the people from oppressive communist regimes and spread the free-market worldwide.
- Liberalism - Life, freedom, and the right to pursue property. Something commies have trouble grasping.
- Paleoconservatism - Communists won't destroy America!
Stop platforming The Grayzone
- Distributism - A non-capitalist alternative to communism.
- Social Democracy - Glad you moved on from your dark past and I love your modern variants. Killing Rosa was also certainly based.
- Pinochetism - Helicopter time for commie scums.
- Anarcho-Capitalism & Hoppeanism - Free helicopter rides for commie scums!
The latter is a somp for the guy above
- Authoritarian Capitalism - LKY, Mahathir, Marcos, Suharto, Nazarbayev, Fujimori, etc were all great leaders.
- National Capitalism - Me in my most extreme form.
- Islamic Capitalism - Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are very based countries, indeed.
- Network Monarchy - Thailand is possibly the most based country on earth thanks to you.
- White Movement - Germany's biggest crime was to bring Lenin into Russia.
- Banderaism - SLAVI UKRAINI!
- Chiang-Kai-Shek thought - Based white terror and massacring commies.
Why were you called the "Red General" and cooperated with the Soviets?
- Wang Jingwei Thought - China would've been way better of as part of the East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere than under Mao.
- Pahlavism - Good ol' chap Pahlavi. But what's that, "we embrace everything which seems good to us, whether it be labeled communism, socialism or capitalism"? That speech of yours is kinda suspicious... I still love SAVAK though.
- Khomeinism - Possibly even better than the guy above. Love what you did in 1988.
Why do tankies defend you?
- Anti-Stalinism - Love your criticisms of his totalitarian communist tyranny.
- Attlee Socialism - Two of the most based socialists, as he created NATO and was a staunch opponent of communism and the USSR.
But you should have executed Churchill’s “Operation Unthinkable”, it would've saved millions of lives.
- Christian Democracy - This is how you stop the Commies from taking power. Excellent job in Germany and Italy.
- Neo-Ottomanism - Your economic liberalizations and the continuation of cracking down leftist groups in Turkey, and your war with the PKK are all incredibly based!
On Thin Ice
- Capitalist Communism - He is 50% right and 50% commie.
- Rooseveltianism - You say you hate commies, but you collaborated with Stalin in World War II and only gave him the upper hand. You even admired him secretly.
- Zionism - Many of my followers historically opposed you because of the Judeo-Bolshevik Conspiracy but now you piss off commies...
- Anti-Authoritarianism - He sides with the anarchists and the commies sometimes.
- Democracy - Communism is inherently authoritarian and requires an authoritarian strong state to violate and oppress the population into submission!
Some of my followers don't actually believe in Democracy though
- Socialism - Either you always become an oppressive regime or you adapt markets and be like Yugoslavia.
Still giving you Helicopter rides to make sure they're no commies
- Left Anti Communism - How is this possible? Most self-proclaimed non-communist leftists are sympathetic to commies anyway.
- Arab Socialism, Saddamism, and Gaddafism - Dislike your alliance with the USSR but outlawing and persecuting domestic communists across the Arab World was very based indeed.
- Social Authoritarianism - Welfare and authoritarianism is perfect combination to combat communists but some of your followers such as Juan Velasco and Alexander Lukashenko kinda scare me with their red aethestics.
- Fascism - Although you are anti-capitalist, that is only the libertarian type that you hate, and you hate communism even more. Your actions justified the Gen-Z communists comparing me to you. Although how you nationalized stuff and made Italy No. 2 in terms of nationalization behind only Stalinist USSR makes me skeptical about you.
- Nazism - You killed commies, and nearly defeated them all! That's fantastic... ohhh and you also privatized a lot.... But, I despise your Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with the USSR, and I always use it to strawman commies as you!
- Churchillism - Your “Operation Unthinkable” was incredibly based. But why did you sell Yugoslavia to the commie below and collaborate with the USSR in WW2?
- Titoism - You're on thin ice...opposing Stalin, the USSR, and Stalin’s puppets is certainly based, but market socialism is ehh, and why did you prosecute anti-communists?? But prosecuting Stalinists and being relatively friendly to NATO is obviously based.
- Kemalism - Kinda similar to the above, I am quite conflicted about you: you worked with commies in the Turkish War of Independence and established a good relationship with the USSR, and you also tolerated “Socialist Kemalist” commies domestically. But you did exile the TKP party leader and opposed the USSR during the Turkish Strait Crisis. At least Bulent Ecevit did a nice job killing that scheming traitor Kaypakkaya and capturing Ocalan.
- Tridemism - It really depends on variants. Left-Tridemism is commie and incredibly cringe. Right-Tridemism is very based and defended his country from tyranny, although Revisionary right-Tridemism seems to be Dengist agents in Taiwan. But Sun Yat-sen shouldn’t have collaborated with commies even though he rejected Marxism.
- Nixonism and Kissingerism - Cooperating with Brezhnev, Mao, Ceaușescu, among other communist leaders to reduce Anti-Americanism and restoring capitalism and destroying communism from within as part of a grand divide and conquer plan during the Cold War was indeed very based.
Why did you abandon South Vietnam?
- Dengism - As much as I will complain about your treatment of Hong Kong, Uyghurs and Tibetans and wish for your downfall, I can't deny that you have done a good job reversing Mao's disastrous policies, re-introducing capitalism to China, allying with the US against the USSR and Vietnam during the Cold War, and persecuting the Chinese New Left. Deng Xiaoping, Jiang Zemin, and Hu Jintao were all decent leaders, expanding infrastructure and turning China into a great Power again. Still, why go after Falun Gong? But there is a dream that will never die, always remember that.
- Huism - You're ok I guess but I'm kinda fine with how modern China turned out in the end.
- Doi Moi - You brought Vietnam on the right track but why do you keep glorifying your past?
- Gorbachevism and Yeltsinism - Good job dismantling the red evil empire, but your failed policies caused the rise of Soviet nostalgia.
- Thaksinism - You ain't a commie but your "red shirts" give me Maoist vibes. Also, you’re trying to overthrow the Chakri Dynasty which is cringe.
- Fourth Theory - Not a communist but you confuse me in ways I cannot describe.
- Putinism - Good for preventing communists from returning to power in Russia but the fact that so many western tankies (The Grayzone, PSL, etc) idolize you make me suspicious. Plus, why did you recently ban criticisms against Stalin? At least you praised Solzhenitsyn, the White Movement, and denounce Lenin.
- Xi Jinping Thought - You're definitely a downgrade from previous Post-Mao leaders of China but at least you purged Bo Xilai and keep persecuting the Chinese New Left.
- Democratic Socialism - Attlee was based but a lot of your variants are too friendly to commies for my tastes.
- Market Socialism - At least many of you rejects communism.....
- Anti-Imperialism - Based for resisting the red evil empire and trying to save your countries from Stalinist and Brezhnevist Soviet imperialists, but why so many of you socialists and commies? Plus, many based anti-communists like Churchill, Truman, and many others are imperialists.
- Milosevicism - Break up of Yugoslavia go brrrr. But many tankies defend you for some reason.
Free HELICOPTER rides!
- Marxism-Leninism - >Tfw your entire praxis is collectively starving people but it wasn't "rEeL cOmMUnIsM"
- - Die, you fucking oppressive Commies!!!! Capitalism isn’t perfect, but communism is a utopian fantasy that has brought nothing but oppression, famine, destruction, dictatorships, genocide, classicide, mass executions, and cannibalism to the world.
- Anti-Capitalism - LMAO, better dead than red, now get rekt!
- Marxism - Why is it that most of your followers are out-of-touch college students? And your ideas are just unrealistic.
- Leninism - 1917 was a mistake.
- Hoxhaism & Left Communism - Complains about other commies not being commie enough, one fat LOL for me.
- Trotskyism - Just because you oppose Stalin doesn't make you good. Your ideas of a permanent world commie revolution are just awful.
- Maoism - One of the worst commie tyrants in history who's responsible for 80 million deaths, than Hitler or Stalin combined!!! And yet young braindead teenagers worship you for some reason. Only good thing you did was befriending Nixon.
- Marxism-Leninism-Maoism - You're honestly worse than Mao Zedong himself. All you do is constantly terrorize people and eat human flesh. Burn in hell, you baby-boiling terrorist!
- Developed Socialism - We defeated you! Cope harder, cry seethe, and mald with your red empire gone.
- Stalinism - This is communism at it's finest. Deliberately enabled purges, famines and genocides, created a brutal cult of personality to keep himself in power, used Lysenkoist pseudoscience and submitting Eastern Europe to Communist oppression, installed similar regimes. Not to add the atrocities and ethnic cleansings you committed against the Ukrainian and Kazakh people. I love to see how hellbent commies are to justifying your crimes against humanity. Piss in hell.
- Khrushchevism - Exposing Stalin's crimes was the only based thing you did, but even then, you denounced him only for your own gains. You created the commie military alliance known as the Warsaw Pact, suppressed the 1956 Hungarian Uprising, escalated global tensions with the West such as the Cuban Missile Crisis, reinstated the state atheist laws, and nationalized even more than Stalin did!
- Brezhnev Doctrine - Khrushchev without the redeeming parts.
- Guevarism - A mass murderer and suck-up for Mao who killed millions of innocents in every country he started a revolution in and was rabidly homophobic and racist. Guess he forgot to remind people his "foco" theory was just a fabrication for red terror.
- Castroism - No better than the dude above in terms of putting people into camps and installing tyranny against the Cuban peoples will. The Cuban protests should bring about your downfall and restore democracy!
- Ho Chi Minh Thought - Agent Orange and napalm go brrrr. Never forget the Tet Offensive and the Fall of Saigon. At least you got better later.
- Pol Potism - Bashing babies into trees, evacuating people out of cities and forcing them to grow farms, blowing up banks, a racist chauvinist who wanted to invade Vietnam to restore an empire, and killed 1/4 of his country including intellectuals who wore glasses, journalists, even the ones who defended him, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, his own members, and even his own supporters?! What the actual hell is wrong with you?! Even most communists supported Vietnam against you which says something.
- Ceaușescuism - You and your wife had it coming.
- National Bolshevism - Commies are just Red Fascists. Thanks for admitting it already. Putin isn't an ideal leader but he was right to ban your party and jail Limonov.
- Strasserism - Unironic Nazi-Bolshevik.
- Chinese New Left - Chinese communists who are nostalgic for the days of Mao and justify the Cultural Revolution. I'm glad that many of you got arrested in the wake of the Wang Lijun and Jasic incident.
- Second Thought Socialism - Your YouTube Channel represent everything I hate.
- Anarchism - You share the same end goal as communists but disagree on how to achieve it. And aren't many of you Ancoms? (But your Ancap variants are cool af, gotta give ya that.)
- Anti-Fascism - Why the hell are you so friendly tto the far-left so much??? Your movement can originate from stalinoids. And no, I am not him!!!
Well, not always
- Anti-Communist Action
- White Terror
- World League for Freedom and Democracy
Online Communities and Discussion
Add your anticommunist youtubers here y'all like to yap of
- Koba the Dread: Laughter and the Twenty Million by Martin Amis
- Nationalist manifesto by Pablo Rodríguez Grez