Animalism is a revolutionary communist ideology from George Orwell's 1945 novel Animal Farm. It emphasizes the struggle between the gentle and humble farm animal and their oppressive human farm owners.
A satire of the real-life Russian Revolution, it illustrates Orwell's vision of the event and the events transpiring in the Soviet Union after that.
Animalism was founded by Old Major, a pig who symbolizes the revolutionary ideas of Lenin and Karl Marx. He and his ideology eventually gathered up enough support in their farm that they formed a rebellion to kick the farm's uncaring and alcoholic owner, Mr. Jones, out and formed their own state called "Animal Farm", with Old Major as the leader. Mr. Jones and his allies attacked Animal Farm to reclaim it, but were kicked out again.
A set of 7 commandments are set in place:
- Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
- Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
- No animal shall wear clothes.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed.
- No animal shall drink alcohol.
- No animal shall kill any other animal.
- All animals are equal.
Eventually Old Major dies and an election is set to happen to determine the successor. The two candidates are Snowball, symbolizing Leon Trotsky, and Napoleon, symbolizing Josef Stalin. Napoleon kills Snowball, ensuring he will become the leader. Under his rule, he establishes an authoritarian personality and changes some of the focuses of Animal Farm, such as changing the anthem to one which glorifies himself. He begins trading with humans and gaining capital for himself, as well a break all the commandments. He begins to alter the commandments too:
- 4. No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.
- 5. No animal shall drink alcohol to excess.
- 6. No animal shall kill any other animal without cause.
- 7. All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.
Animalism is very deceptive and won't stop at anything -not even murder- to increase his power. His personality has taken considerable influence from his adoptive father, Stalinism.
How to Draw
Horn and hoof design
- Draw a ball.
- Color it green.
- Draw a white horn crossing the hooved leg of a sheep or goat.
- Add the eyes.
Skeletal "Z" design
- Draw a ball.
- Color it green.
- Draw white animal bones arranged in semi-jagged backwards "S" array. There should be a total of 5 bones.
- Add the eyes.
- Animalism can be drawn with animal ears, a pig snout, a tail or any animal characteristic.
- Stalinism - You're such a cool guy. Much better than my old father.
- Misanthropy - Humans suck!
- Monkeism - Fellow Animal, even if you have 2 legs and no feathers.
- Voluntary Human Extinction - Human extinction? Yes!
- Speciesism - All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
- Post-Modern Neomarxism - BASED!
- Leninism - He was okay for a while, but it was time to move on a bit from his ideas.
- Foxiteism - He may have 4 legs, but he's more similar to him. CLASS TRAITOR!
- Primal Primitivism - Being an animal doesn't mean acting like a caveman.
- Vegan Apoliticism - You may not want to exploit animals, but you're still a filthy 2-legger so you're inherently exploitive regardless.
- Bad Piggies Model - Well. You are a true 4-legger. However, why are you him? ANOTHER CLASS TRAITOR!
- Snowball - He was getting in the way.
- Human Nationalism - Evil imperialist human pigs!
- Agrarianism - Greedy farmers are exploiting us animals!
- Monarchism - Practically the same thing as the farmers.
- Furryocracy - Sorry, 4 legs good, 2 legs bad, and you're no exception.
- Ingsoc - CRAZY CLASS TRAITOR BROTHER!
Literature and film
|Orwellian - Literally 1984|
|Ingsocs||2x2Soc • Airisoc • Atheist Ingsoc • Autosoc • Densoc • Divinialist Ingsoc • Egosoc • Gamesoc• English Tomassciism• Heinsoc • Ingblack • Ingcap • Ingcom • Ingdar • Ingfem • Inghive • Ingjew • Lipsoc • Ingman • Ingmut • Ingnazi • Ingprog • Ingqueer • IngTheo BingoSoc • Ingtrad • Ingwhite • Introsoc • Joeysoc • Metsoc • Ingsab • File:Pedsoc.png Pedsoc • Possoc • GabrialSoc • Inkysoc • IngNatur • IngDodo • Ingsus • IngBur • Ingtier • Iocsoc • Extrosoc • Ingcis • Ingqueer • IngSaj • TinSoc • Afunsoc • North Korean System • IngMugi • IngPer • Ingchrist|
|Others||Oiboioiism • Plenderplarism • Macías Nguema Totalitarianism • Nullism • The C.O.N.S.P.I.R.A.C.Y. • Ataccism • Phrimism • Diamondism • Showa Kraterocratic Capitalism • Superiorism|
|UK Ideologies - Bri'ish Politics, Innit?|
|Authoritarian Left||Animalism • Britannocommunism • Fabianism • Gallowayism|
|Authoritarian Unity||Hobbesism • Norsefireism • Pure-blood Supremacy • Silver Mosleyism • Social Englishism|
|Authoritarian Right||Andreanism • Based Autism • Blatcherism • Churchillism • English Heritage Thought • Etonianism • Hellsingism • Rhodesism • Shaggerism • Thatcherism|
|Right Unity||Cromwellism • Faragism|
|Centrist||Borisism • Blairism • British Unionism • English Heritage Thought • One Nation Liberalism • Starmerism|
|Libertarian Right||Manchester Liberalism • Spencerianism • Voluntaryism • Xerunoxism|
|Libertarian Unity||Bsaheedism • Mutual Libertarianism • Whoism|
|Libertarian Left||Chaplinism • Orwellism • Scouse Syndicalism • Szecówkism|
|Left Unity||Burnhamism • Corbynism • Labourism • Preston Model|
|Non-Quadrant||Irish Unitism • Ultra-Anglophobia|