Alaskan independence in this context is how I (and many others) think Alaska should work in the Event that it becomes independent.
Alaskan independence or Alaskanism as he likes to be called, is a culturally Right-Leaning ideology (They value family values but but he is completely fine with gay marriage and advocates for native rights), Economically Extreme-Right, Civically Radical-Left Ball. He desires Alaskan independence due to the fact that 61.3% of the state is federal land, and a lot of the land available is hard to get to. He believes D.C shouldn't have authority over Alaska cause the people in Washington D.C are thousands of miles away, so how can they know best for him?
He believes in individualism achieved through capitalism and libertarianism. He also believes in a slow/steady transition from Moderate Libertarianism to Minarchism. As stated earlier, 61.3% of our state is not ownable by anyone and is controlled by people who have probably never even been here, and the consequences of a socialist/communist government winning an election could affect as far as here and it could lead to unnecessary political violence as most people here are Libertarian capitalists. however, as you can predict, the climate of the US and the way its people think is changing, and Alaska is gonna have to act on it and pick a side eventually. Most people here are gonna wanna get the hell out of the nation, and they are taking Alaska with them! This is the basis of Alaskanism's beliefs. He believes that to kickstart Alaskan autonomy, we need to hold referendums, protest, and advocate for federally owned land to be open to homesteading and development. development and homesteading will give us access to resources that make us totally self sufficient without needing to rely on imports. He knows Alaska was closed to homesteading before we really got started and advocates for the ability to homestead and to work towards Alaskan autonomy so that its more reasonable (and less out of the blue) when/if we leave.
Alaskanism is very passionate about direct democracy, voting based on intelligence rather than age, and an organization that works as a government. This "organization" would enforce the NAP, court decisions, and organize the police. These are the only powers the organization's leaders would hold, and they would still be elected.
He cares about Alaska's beauty a lot and it makes him very patriotic, but when he wants to build a cabin and kill animals, he is gonna build a cabin and kill animals
The Alaskan independence movement began in early 1973, when Joe Vogler founded Alaskans For Independence, originally to label a petition drive for another Alaskan state referendum with the extra 2 options to go independent or gain a commonwealth status rather than the original options available which were to remain a territory or to go onto being a state, The party wanted this to be a right of all future states, Vogler founded The Alaskan Independence Party (AKIP) around the same time. Other than working slowly for Alaskan independence, it is a libertarian conservative party. Joe Vogler later tried to run for governor in 1974 under AKIP. Governor Wally Hickel in 1990 became the first and only AKIP candidate to win a statewide Alaskan election. Joe Vogler died in 1993 (coincidentally just weeks before he was scheduled to give a speech to the United Nations on Alaskan independence, sponsored by the government of Iran.), after being missing for a long time, he was found dead. A man was arrested and was charged after admitting to the murder, calling it a plastic explosion sale gone bad. He later retracted this statement saying that he was lying. Its easy to infer that he was meant to take the charges for the US government so that it didn't look suspicious when they didn't find anything. Vogler was killed WEEKS before he was going to give a speech to the UN on independence. This was not a coincidence, Vogler was slain by the US government.
- Texas Separatism - Together, we can change the world!
- Minarchism - See this guy? isn't he cool?
- Libertarianism - You are cool too
- Indigenism - We are gonna get this man some rights!
- Separatism - My favorite teacher. He gives me amazing examples of successful independent movements.
- Manosphere - Male shootings, the triple suicide rate in men, and higher mental illness rates in men are caused by the societal pressure of feminists. But what is this about women going back to the kitchen?
- American Integralism ̶J̶̶̶̶u̶̶̶̶s̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶A̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶-̶̶̶̶D̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶u̶̶̶̶g̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶C̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶g̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶ . The family values that America passed down are important to uphold, Catholicism CAN make citizens morally sound AND its a capitalist ideology. But Alaskanism needs to distance itself from the US and its culture for the movement to succeed!
- Minnesotan Distributism - American Secession? Based! Distributism and disliking capitalism? not based!
- Autism - The guy who created my version of Alaskan independence has you. its a hindrance in some ways and a blessing in others.
- Athenian Democracy - I am kinda like you, but quit it with the slavery. Freedom to own slaves is not real freedom!
- """Capitalism""" - Why do people keep saying capitalism leads to you? You aren't even real capitalism!
- Authoritarianism - You wanna restrict the rights of people and silence them? You think the average man cant decide his own fate? that's ok, Cocks gun Please face the wall.
- Authoritarian Left, Authoritarian Unity and Authoritarian Right - You too guys, you all get a turn in the chamber!